5 Out of Manila Road Trip Destinations
There are a lot to be explored within the Philippines 7641 islands alone. However, due to our hectic lifestyle in the city, we end up missing out on experiencing the beauty of places outside of our beloved concrete jungle.
But if you can set your sights out for a good weekend out of town, then there are a handful of awesome destinations nearby where you can take your loved ones out for an adventure in just a couple of hours drive away.
To give you an idea, here are 5 out of Manila Road Trip destinations.
Whether you aim to visit the Hundred Islands National Park in Alaminos for spelunking, swimming or camping, or to the Enchanted Cave in Bolinao, Pangasinan’s diverse sceneries will definitely overflow your senses.
This average of three hour drive destination is enriched with a vast preserved marina such as the Fourteen Mile Reef and the Devil’s Island that are quite appealing for divers, the Nalsoc Cave for a rocky exploration, beaches like the Bonuan Blue Beach, the Cape Bolinao Beach and the multiple beaches in the Hundred Islands, old churches, and more. For a memorable place to stay, check out Birdland Beach House in Bolinao.
- Top 10 Pangasinan Beaches to visit this 2016
- 10 Best Beaches in Pangasinan
- 5 Interesting Things to do and see in Bolinao Pangasinan
- List of Hotels and Resorts in Bolinao Pangasinan
This favorite out of Manila drive destination of all time promises a myriad of memories for the cold-weather craving travelers. In Camp John Hay alone, you can do a lot of fun activities, such as horseback riding along the rugged Pine-tree trail, indulge in hot cocoa and local delicacies at Choco-Late de Batirol, play mini golf with your family, have a picnic, visit the witty Pet Cemetery, and immerse in the country’s grandest Christmas village.
You could also go to La Trinidad to pick strawberries at this height of its harvest season, then stop by at Tam-Awan Village to learn about the Cordilleran culture and have your portrait sketched by the village artists.
- Top 10 Affordable Places to Stay in Baguio City
- List of Coffee Shops with free WiFi in Baguio City
- 5 Best Buffet Restaurants in Baguio City
- Baguio City Travel Guide: Travel Tips, Itinerary and Things to do
- Baguio City Itinerary: Things to Do and See in Baguio City
- A list of Baguio transient houses
- LOOK: Hundreds of houses in La Trinidad Benguet turned into colorful mural
As a relatively young beach tourist destination, Zambales captures easy-going beachcombers with its secluded coves, sparkling gray and white sandy coasts, and lively sea.
For a destination that is usually explored for a day or two, Tagaytay City is actually a place worth venturing for at least four days. If you want to explore the Taal Volcano crater, you have to allot at least a day for it in order to also absorb its precious surrounding; to really enjoy food-tripping in its appetizing environment, you have to dedicate at least 6 meals for Taal Vista’s the Veranda buffet and for its Mediterranean style Taza Fresh Table, Sonya’s Secret Garden’s lunch buffet, Mountain Brew’s scenic local cuisine, have a morning feast at Breakfast at Antonio’s and splurge at Balay Dako; to visit unique sights like Ilog Maria Bee Farm, the Puzzle Mansion Our Lady of Manaog at Tierra de Maria and at Museo Orlina, treat yourself for a spa retreat at Nurture Wellness Village or the Bathhouse at Qi Wellness Living, and simply delight in the its cool and distinctive environment.
So if you’re going to bring your dog, you may consider Eco Hotel, if you’re going to bring your family, then Taal Vista Hotel, and if you’re going for a romantic escapade, then Sonya’s Secret Garden will be perfect.
- Check Out These List of Best Tagaytay Luxury Hotels
- Must-Try Restaurants in Tagaytay
- Top 10 Things To Do and See in Tagaytay City
Do you want to get into a crash diving course in an impressionable reef, go island hopping and swim by coral sandy beaches all in just a couple of days? Then drive to Batangas City.
There is the Hamilo Coast in Pico de Loro, Nasugbu for a luxurious adventure, Laiya Beach for a comfy tropical vibe, and more to explore as you go along. In the meantime, you could also connect with the locals to guide you to coffee and cocoa farms, bee farms and more nature trips.
- Santelmo Cove: A Mystical Beach in Hamilo Coast
- 14 Amazing Beaches in Batangas to Visit for Summertime
- Best Beach Resorts in Anilao, Batangas
- Top 8 Beach Destinations in Batangas
- Hotels and Beach Resorts in Laiya San Juan, Batangas
- Top 5 Nasugbu Batangas Resorts for 2016
Surely, there are more out of Manila Road Trip destinations, but in these five destinations, you are guaranteed to have a fantastic time away from your comfort zones.