How to Get to Anawangin Cove from Manila
Anawangin Cove is one of the most beautiful destinations relatively near Manila. It’s a favorite for city folk looking for a relaxing day trip. Luckily, it’s very easy to get there whether you’ll use your own car or opt for public transport.
Anawanin Cove by Elal Lasola
Heres How to Get to Anawangin Cove from Manila:
Via private vehicle:
- Drive along NLEX until you reach the Dao exit.
- From the Dao exit, drive along SCTEX. Make sure you’re on a path bound for Subic.
- Take the exit at Subic. When you see the Olongapo Public Cemetery, turn left.
- You will pass by Subic Town, Castillejos, and San Marcelino. Once you reach an intersection leading to Iba or San Antonio, turn left for San Antonio.
- When you’re in San Antonio, turn another left at the end of the main road.
- Simply follow signs leading to Pundaquit.
The Travel time will depend on what day, what season, and what time you leave Manila. Avoid peak seasons, holidays, and long weekends as you will surely meet traffic.
Via Victory Liner Bus:
- At the terminal, proceed to the Olongapo ticket window and purchase a ticket bound for Iba & Sta. Cruz. Tell the ticket booth officer that you will only be going up to San Antonio. The travel time from Manila to San Antonio is around 4 hours.
- If you’re in a hurry, or there is no bus bound for Iba & Sta. Cruz, don’t worry. You can take the bus going up to their Olongapo terminal. The travel time from Manila to Olongapo is around 3 hours.
- Once at the Victory Liner terminal, transfer to any bus bound for Iba & Sta. Cruz. Tell the conductor that you will only need a ride up to San Antonio. The travel time from Olongapo to San Antonio is around 1 hour.
- When you arrive in San Antonio, take a tricycle to Pundaquit Beach. This is where Anawangin Cove is. The travel time from San Antonio to Pundaquit is around 15 minutes.
Sunset in Anawangin Cove Zambales
Victory Liner has plenty of terminals around Metro Manila. Just make sure the terminal you’re going to has bus routes that pass by Olongapo. You can visit their website for available bus routes.
Victory Liner Phone Numbers: MANILA (02) 559-7735 / CUBAO (02) 833-4403, (02) 727-4688, (02) 833-5019 to 20 PASAY (02) 410-8986, (02) 727-4534 CALOOCAN (02) 361-1506, (02) 361-4665 to 66 KAMIAS (02) 920-7396
- Top 15 Summer Destinations Near Metro Manila
- Top 8 Beach Destinations near Metro Manila
- 7 Fantastic Beaches in San Antonio Zambales (with Tips and Directions!)
There you have it! Anawangin Cove trip is so easy and hassle-free, there’s no excuse to put off that quick weekend of sun and sand!