Viking Luxury Buffet Restaurant Cebu
Im now back in Manila and after fishing this article, I started sorting out photos that I can post along with this story. Unfortunately, half of the photos on my SD card was unreadable. Good thing, my friends Yen and Chuckie of All Chucked Up and The Tummy Traveler allowed me to use their photos:) Daghang Salamat! continue reading my story below:
Along with fellow foodies, I recently visited Cebu for a three-day, two-night gastronomic trip. I will soon post more about the restaurants we visited, but for the meantime, I will share you the highlight of our trip.
Apart from visiting some of the best restaurants in Cebu, the main reason why we visited Cebu is to have a food tasting at Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant in Cebu which will have its grand opening on May 10, 2016 at 5:30 PM.
It was a humid afternoon when we went to SM City Cebu. The new Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant is located at the second floor, North wing side of the mall (right next to Forever 21 shop). This newest branch of Vikings is completely different from all other branches because this branch’s interior has an urban chic feel.
With its 500 seating capacity, the entire area looks spacious, with a well-planned buffet area. During our food tasting, we personally met Chef Anton Abad, who is the overall in-charge chef—he’s the man responsible for the quality of food we enjoyed and the food you will be enjoying on your visit to the soon-to-open Vikings Cebu branch.
I was a bit late for our food tasting since I had to buy something from Duty Free inside SM City Cebu. When I arrived, the rest of the gang was already enjoying a bowl of Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Bone Marrow and Truffle.
My own bowl was already cold when I arrived, but thats Ok, its my fault anyway haha. However, I can’t deny the fact that the soup was still so good despite it being cold. The combined flavors of pumpkin, onion, mushrooms, and garlic never failed to satisfy my palate. The addition of truffle and bone marrow made me want to ask for more. Of course, I didn’t ask for more because the soup was just a starter and I still had to reserve the rest of my stomach capacity for more food!
I had some of their Mixed Green Salad with Fried Cheese in Citrus Cilantro Vinaigrette. Chef Anton immediately told us that he originally planned to use Kesong Puti for the fried cheese ball, but due to lack of supply in the city, he used cream cheese instead. Thats not a problem for me, I loved it anyway. The slightly sour citrus cilantro vinaigrette complimented well with the cheese ball. Overall, it was a perfect mix.
I had a delightful plate of Vodka Citrus Cured Salmon and Dragon Sushi. Salmon is the only fish I eat raw; seeing it on our table was a complete delight. It was plated simple with a small spread of yoghurt on the side. I was also completely happy with their Dragon Sushi. Alternately topped with avocado and ripe mango, each sushi is rolled with shrimps and dressed with fish floss, fish roe, and authentic Japanese mayonnaise. Yes, I can tell.
If you are a huge fan of Pomelo like me, you will surely love their Thai Pomelo Salad. For those who loves healthy food, this appetizer will truly give you a fantastic start. With sweet Davao Pomelo, shrimp flavored floss, vinaigrette and chili powder, you will surely ask for more.
Another perfect treat is their Cajun Potato with Pizza Dip. A tiny cup with potato chip, taco and onion ring dipped with a hot Pizza flavored dip. Tip… You must eat it while the dip is hot.
We had several wonderful dishes for our main course. First for the main course was Chicken Ballotine with Walnut Cream Sauce. It’s like a Morcon with a slightly softer texture since its made with Chicken. It was plated with a cream sauce and roasted potatoes on the side.
Next was Lamb, Beef & Chicken Souvlaki. It made a grand entrance. I was not surprised when everyone said wow when the waiters placed it on our table! On top of a wooden plank was a small bowl of rice, a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and vegetables in between. Each stick of meat was perfectly grilled and perfectly married with the spices used. On the other side of the wooden plank was a huge bell pepper with tzatziki along with grilled vegetables.
As the feast continued, they served Bay Area Style Seafood Cioppino. It was a complete mix of slowly braised crabs, prawns. Although Cioppino recipe varies, I can taste a hint of thyme, oregano, basil leaves and chilli flakes apart from the obvious tomatoes, roasted peppers that gave color to the flavorful sauce. Chef also added potatoes for a thicker sauce texture.
For meat lovers like me, you will surely say YES to their Duo of Beef Finger Ribs & Tenderloin, which was perfectly roasted and served with grilled French beans and carrots. A cup or rice is definitely not enough to go with this heavenly plate.
I readied myself as the waiters served us, finally, our dessert! They served Chocolate Lava Cake, Creme Brulee and Calamansi and Mango Cheesecake. Served in a tall confectionary cup is their version of chocolate porn. Imagine a warm molten chocolate cake with a delightful chocolate lava in the middle served with vanilla ice cream on top. You can never say no to this sinful treat 🙂
On the same plate, we also sampled their version of creme brulee—a French burnt cream served on a cracked egg shells—definitely an awesome treat.
The third on the plate was their Calamansi and Mango Cheesecake. It was truly a surprising twist for tropical fruit lovers. The texture is perfect for me since I’m not a fan of soft cheese cakes and it’s a good way to end your dessert since it’s not too sweet. It’s actually a perfect pair to your hot cup of tea.
After resting for a bit and patting my happy tummy, and after a little bit of chitchatting, I left Vikings with a huge smile on my foodie face. All these treats will be available for you to try, soon at Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant Cebu. Checkout their opening promotions below:
Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant Cebu Opening Promo
PREPARE YOUR GEARS as we open our doors this May 10 at 5:30PM! Who’s ready to eat like a Viking?! Below are the mechanics:
1) From May 10 – May 12, 2016, guest who dresses up like a Viking will automatically get a 50% discount on their individual bill.
2) Example requirements to qualify for the 50% discount: Vikings Helmet, Vikings Sword & Shield, Vikings Cape, Vikings Outfit, OR a full on Vikings costume.
3) Each qualified guest will receive a discount coupon when seated; this coupon will be used to claim the 50% off discount.
4) Coupons received on the day must be consumed also within the day and time chosen (lunch or dinner). Coupons cannot be saved and used for a different day.
5) Guests availing the discount must be dressed like a Viking at all times until upon seating.
6) If reservations are full, guests may choose to come in as “walk-in” guests for the discount; subject to table availability. Guests may come at their most convenient time to have their names listed on the “walk-in” list for lunch or dinner. Lunch operation starts at 11:00 am, while dinner starts at 5:30 pm.
7) Lost coupons will not be replaced.
8) Discount is applicable on a per pax/individual basis.
9) This promo can’t be used in conjunction with other in-house promotions or discounts.
10) This promo only available in Vikings Cebu.
11) This promo is valid from May 10 – 12, 2016.
12) Guests who has the best “Vikings-look” will win 2 weekday lunch Vikings Gift Certificates. One winner will be chosen every lunch and dinner. Guests will be judged before entering the store and prize will be given once inside the store.
13) Guests who doesn’t wish to dress like a Viking will automatically receive a 20% discount instead.
*This promo is open to reservation and walk-in guests.
Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant Cebu Opening Promo Timeline:
- 50 percent off = may 10 – 12, 2016 (3 days)
- FB promo 25 percent off = may 13 – 26, 2016 (2 weeks)
- IG promo 25 percent off = may 27 – June 9, 2016 (2 weeks)
Buffet Rates @ Vikings Luxury Buffet Restaurant Cebu:
- Php688 during weekdays
- Php888 during weekends
Vikings Cebu Contact Info:
For reservations and inquiries, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call their trunkline (032) 255-3888, (032) 255-4888 and mobile numbers 0998-9969888 or 0917-5769888.
AirAsia flies 8x daily from Manila to Cebu and offers direct flights from Cebu to Kuala Lumpur and Incheon/Seoul in South Korea.
For more information about Cebu, visit these interesting features by Travel3Sixty, the inflight magazine of AirAsia Group.