How to Get to Sagada from Manila
Table of Contents
Sagada is one of the north’s most beautiful wonders. If you’re from Manila, it’s also one of the longest land trips you’re going to take! Of course, once you get there, you’ll realize even just a few hours is well worth the journey!
Here are some ways to get to Sagada from Manila:
Via private transport:
If you’re a daring and experienced driver, you can take your own car and drive from Manila to Sagada. Note that travel time from Manila to Sagada will take 12 hours one way, so you might end up driving for a total of one day once the trip is over.
Drive along NLEX, passing by provinces of Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Vizcaya, Ifugao, and finally, Mt. Province. For a full list of towns you should expect to travel through, check this list from VisitSagada.com
Sagada Lemon Pie
Via public transport:
You can take a direct Bus ride to Sagada from Quezon City or you can either take a bus to Baguio or Banaue.
Manila – Baguio – Sagada
These bus liners have routes that can take you up to Baguio: Victory Liner, Dagupan Bus, Philippine Rabbit, Dangwa Transit, Saulog Bus, Genesis Bus. The travel time from Manila to Baguio is approximately 6 hours.
Once in Baguio, there are two liners with routes that go to Sagada. Lizardo Transit in Brgy. Sto. Nino only has one trip to Sagada per day and it leaves at 9:15 AM. If you want more options, head to GL Liner at Baguio Dangwa Terminal. They have four daily trips going to Sagada between 6 AM and 1 PM. The travel time from Baguio to Sagada is about 5 to 6 hours.
Manila – Banaue – Sagada
- Two bus lines have direct routes from Manila to Banaue—Ohayami Bus and Dangwa Transit. The travel time from Manila to Banaue is approximately 8 hours.
- Once you reach Banaue, take a tricycle to the town proper and find a bus headed for Bontoc. The travel time from Banaue to Bontoc is around 3 hours.
- From Bontoc Municipal Hall, take a jeepney to Sagada.
Quezon City to Sagada and vice versa
The Coda Lines Corp. is the only bus company that gives you a direct trip,comfortably from Quezon City to the quaint destination that is Sagada!
For reservations and enquiries you may call the following numbers: 09275592197; 09295213229
Terminal: 277 E-RODRIGUEZ SR. AVENUE, CATHEDRAL HEIGHTS, QUEZON CITY.
Important Contact Numbers:
- Ohayami Bus Lines Phone Numbers: * 0927-6493055 * 02-5160501 (manila) * 09175617344 (ifugao)
- Genesis Transport Telephone numbers: Cubao (02) 4211413 Pasay (02) 8533115
- Victory Liner Phone Numbers: MANILA (02) 559-7735 / CUBAO (02) 833-4403, (02) 727-4688, (02) 833-5019 to 20 PASAY (02) 410-8986, (02) 727-4534 CALOOCAN (02) 361-1506, (02) 361-4665 to 66 KAMIAS (02) 920-7396
- 10 Things you should know about Sagada
- Hanging Coffins of Sagada : A dying Igorot tradition
- Shopping in Sagada: Where to Buy Souvenirs in Sagada?
- Sagada Pottery – Craftsmanship at its Best
Thats it! Don’t be daunted by the long drive or bus ride! Just remember, nothing worthwhile ever comes easy. Happy travels!