Sandugo Festival 2018 Schedule of Activities
On April 18, Wednesday, a press con was held with the presence of Atty. Lucas Nunag and Provincial Administrator Alfonso Damalerio, and other select media, in line with Bohol’s much-awaited celebration – the Sandugo Festival 2018.
Aside from Bohol’s famed tourist attraction and activities, one of the most cherished event the locals and the tourists must see is the Sandugo Festival.
The Festival is celebrated to commemorate the blood compact of Bohol Chieftain Datu Sikatuna and Spanish conquistador Miguel Lopez de Legazpi.
The month-long festival is held every July. The Tagbilaran City Charter Day on July 1 kicks off with a holy mass, diana, motorcade, and program sponsored by the City Government of Tagbilaran.
Among the major activities during the month is the Miss Bohol Sandugo Beauty Pageant, and the Sandugo Street Dancing Competition (KURADANG contest and re-enactment), and the International Fusion Nights. It is said that the Fusion Night is the highlight of the festival, as it is slated for 1 week, where talented local chefs, and local delicacies are presented.
Other events that will showcase the local’s creative talents include the Sandugo Song Festival where works of local composers will be presented, a sculpture and painting contest and Trade Agri Fair among many other.
Bohol 2018 Sandugo Festival Schedule of Activities
- July 1- Mass and commemorative program
- July 9- Trade fair
- July 17-18- Agricultural fair
- July 19- Flower and Garden Show
- July 20- Song festival
- July 21- Ms. Bohol 2018 Pageant Night
- July 28- Kuradang Street Dancing
Every three years, the Tigum Bol-anon Tibuok Kalibutan (TBK) include the awarding of TOBAW Ten Outstanding Boholanos Around the World), Miss TBK, and the reunion program.
- Bohol’s Official Airline Partner for Behold Bohol 2018
- Amorita Bohol: Why I love Green Resorts
- Try these new, seldom visited destinations in Bohol this New Year
- Travel Guide: Top 10 things to do while in Bohol
- Experience Luxury in Nature at Tarsier Botanika in Bohol