21st World Gourmet Summit Sets To Bring Guests to a Gastronomic Adventure in Singapore
Lovers of fine cuisines have yet another opportunity to sample exquisite dishes from March 20 to April 16, 2017 in the annual World Gourmet Summit (WGS).
This year, the summit will be held in Singapore. The event, which is in its 21st edition, brings together some of the best chefs from around the world. The theme for this year’s summit is “United Nations Gastronomic Assembly.”
It Will Feature Exquisite Gourmet From Popular Master Chefs
Mexican restaurant El Mero Mero is among the top participants in the event which features the Mescal Degustation Masterclass. This event already took place on March 22. On March 30, the Mucho Mexico Diner will feature Chef Daniel Ovadia.
Other master chefs at the event will include Partissiere Kirkio Nakamura, Quentin Glabus, and Lewin Terrace’s executive chef Keisuke Matsumota. A host of other leading chefs and restaurants will join them to showcase their master menus in some of Singapore’s award-winning restaurants.
Notable dates include March 24 when Osto Ristorante showcases 12-year-old Christian “Whiskey Master” Leusdar and March 28 when Chef Nakamura and Chef Matsumota treat visitors to the Pastry Master Class besides their sizzling Afternoon Tea. In the evening, guests will be treated with the best of Canadian Cuisine, thanks to Chef Glabus’ Canadian Flavours at Wooloomooloo.
On March 29, world-renowned Swiss butcher Grill Ueli will provide a special Culinary Masterclass. The following day, Dutch Chef Jarno Eggen will host another Culinary Masterclass with a sumptuous luncheon at Miele Gallery.
Other Gastronomic Adventure in Singapore Important Dates
Here is a rundown of other important dates you should not miss:
- March 27 – On this day, the WGS Opening Reception plus the 17th Awards of Excellence Presentation Ceremony will be held.
- March 30 – The 4 Hands Epicurean Delights will be held at the Tipping Club. This will be hosted by Chefs Ryan Clift and Mitch Lienhard.
- March 31 – Chef Jamo Eggen’s Roguie Gourmet Delights five-course dinner will be held at Dolce Vita.
- April 2 – CHOPE Ur Next Gourmet Attractions will take place on this day.
- April 3 – At Artemis Grill, Chef Fernando Arevalo’s “CFF-AOP” Theme Dinner will take place.
- April 6 – The National Kidney Foundation “Better Lives” Charity Gala will be held.
- April 8 to 9 – The Royal Gourmet Staycation is set to take place on these dates.
Meanwhile, other Michelin-starred establishments that will participate include Peach Blossoms, Punjab Grill, Odette, Open Farm Community, Ding Dong, Jaan and more.
With all those top chefs and Michelin-starred restaurants expected to be part of the summit, there’s no doubt that Singapore is fast becoming a culinary hub across the world. Last year, Michelin released Singapore Michelin Guide 2016, a magazine that provides helpful information on different cuisines. The guide is a first in the South East Asian region.
With all the mouthwatering events lined up for food lovers, the 21st world gourmet summit is an event not to be missed. More details regarding the summit are available at www.worldgourmetsummit.com and www.yoursingapore.com for upcoming events and activities.