Writing Contest for Sustainable Tourism
Table of Contents
Updates: Top 3 Winners
- Entry #1 The Role of the Youth in Sustainable Tourism Development by Nesie B. Volante
- Entry #2 Culture, Youth, Society and Sustainable Tourism by Richalaine L. Alcantara
- Entry #3 Mt. Capistrano chronicles by Irishmae Ardines Dalipe
About the Writing Contest
Responsible tourism allows travelers to go globetrotting with minimal impact to the environment. To create awareness, the International School of Sustainable Tourism and Out of Town Blog is hosting a writing contest for senior high school students and college students of any public or private school from the Philippines.
This competition underscores the declaration of the United Nation World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) that 2017 is the “international year of sustainable tourism for development.”
Now we would like to see responsible tourism through words. In this writing contest, we would like to hear about your experience in pursuing sustainable tourism or your thoughts on how it can be promoted among the youth.
The narrative can be whimsical, humorous or thought provoking but should highlight and explore tourism’s role in the following five key areas:
- Inclusive and sustainable economic growth;
- Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction;
- Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change;
- Cultural values, diversity and heritage;
- Mutual understanding, peace and security.
The output can be submitted as a blog entry or a personal essay.
- Article is limited to 500 words only;
- The entry must be accompanied by pictures with captions;
- Writers can submit up to two write-ups only;
- Submitted articles must be in word format. Accompanying photos must be sent in a separate file, jpg format;
- Writers must provide a short bio and links to social media accounts.
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are qualified to join?
Senior high school students and college students of any public or private school from the Philippines.
Deadline of entries is February 2, 2017, 6:00 PM. Top 10 entries will be published at OutofTownBlog.com, and will become joint property of the International School of Sustainable Tourism and Out of Town Blog. Out of the top ten entries, three winners will be chosen.
Winners get free registration and accommodation at the Global Youth Forum 2017, which will be held from February 20 – 21, 2017 at the Subic Bay Exhibition and Convention Center, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, plus other exciting prizes.
This tilt is in partnership with International School of Sustainable Tourism, organizers of the Global Youth Forum 2017, an event that celebrates the declaration of the United Nation World Tourism Organization that 2017 is the “international year of sustainable tourism for development.” Its three main thrusts are to create awareness of the myriad opportunities in the tourism industry; highlight successful tourism ventures; and show the best practices that can be used in the development programs for the youth.