When an unbiased person gives you a compliment or rates your business highly enough to recommend it to others then it is a great feeling. This is why the Holiday Extras Customer Awards are so popular with the public and also with the movers and shakers from the travel industry alike.
It is the ultimate compliment if your business along with the service that you offer your customers helps you to beat your competitors and win your category that was voted for by the people who use you on a daily basis.
These awards have not been going for long (three years to be exact) but they are still extremely popular and are proving to be getting even more so as each year passes.
The beauty of these awards is that they allow the winners to be chosen purely by the customers of Holiday Extras and this means that there is no industry bias involved and the people who win do so as a result of offering great service and good value for money to the people who matter the most – their customers.
Here is a list of the winners for this year’s awards that were held in London on September 15th.
– Best Airline: Emirates
– Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
– Best Airline for Value for Money: easyJet
– Best Airport: Belfast International
– Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
– Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
– Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
– Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
– Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
– Best Airline for Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
– Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
– Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
It is quite amazing that the number of people who voted this year was almost triple the amount who voted last year. More than 66,000 people expressed their view on who were the best companies in each category. When people vote in these numbers it really makes the companies sit up and take notice!
Each year more categories are added and this year was no exception with two new ones being included. The two new categories were the categories for the best travel guide and also a new category for the most inspirational travel film. Holiday Extras are not planning on stopping there either. There are plans to make the awards for 2012 even bigger with more categories and more voters.
For more information on how holiday extras can help you book your nest holiday visit holidayextras.co.uk