Special Package Includes Exclusive Access to Lake House for the Ultimate Private Camping Experience
Lake Placid, New York – As Lake Placid hotels begin to reopen for the summer, High Peaks Resort today unveiled newly renovated guest rooms along with the reopening of culinary and salon services.
The concept of taking a summer vacation started in the Adirondack Park when wealthy New York City families of the 19th century would “vacate” the sweltering city heat for greener pastures, mountain peaks, and the large, lavish compounds called Great Camps, outfitted with bespoke rustic furnishings hewn from the Adirondack forests and adornments from their global adventures.
High Peaks Resort’s newly remodeled guest rooms herald this “Great Camp” style, combining the natural elements and textures from the Adirondacks with contemporary design in a way that pays homage to the Adirondack tradition of pioneering hospitality. Guest rooms feature a balcony with breathtaking views of the Adirondack landscape or a private patio that opens directly to the hotel courtyard. New features and amenities include Adirondack-inspired furnishings, a forest-inspired color palette, European-style bathrooms with natural river rock walk-in showers, 49-inch flat-screen HDTVs, a balcony or patio with outdoor seating to enjoy mountain fresh air, and other additional amenities.
High Peaks Resort has remained open and is now resuming operations of its on-property amenities while following all required health and safety protocols as directed by the CDC, the state of New York, and the American Hotel and Lodging Association:
- Dancing Bears Restaurant and The Deck, which are offering outdoor dining on The Deck and curbside pickup from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., Thursday through Sunday with a menu featuring Dancing Bears classic American Pub cuisine. Full dine-in service will resume on June 19th, pending state guidance.
- The Spa & Salon at High Peaks Resort, which is reopening on July 1st for guests in need of a post-lock-down haircut, color, and/or style. Reservations must be made in advance either online or by calling (518) 523-4411.
- Resort guests also have access to the hotel’s kayaks and paddle boats on beautiful Mirror Lake, and eight acres of serenity in the heart of Downtown Lake Placid
Additional amenities and guest services will resume on a gradual basis throughout June as permitted by the State of New York, including indoor fitness and additional spa services.
Those looking for a luxury private camping experience in the heart of the Adirondack Park will enjoy the Heart of the High Peaks Package, offering total privacy and exclusive access to Lake House and all its amenities and services for up to 20 guests. Enjoy a pool party, an outdoor barbecue with s’mores around a fire pit, and an evening of cocktails and games in the Great Room – all from an ideal downtown Lake Placid location overlooking Mirror Lake and moments away from any adventure, from the great outdoors to retail therapy. The package includes:
- 10 guest rooms, 2 people per room
- A $2,000 daily food and beverage credit
- Exclusive use of the Lake House pool and hot tub
- Exclusive use of the Lake House fire pit
- Exclusive use of the Bar at Lake House
- Access to High Peaks Resort amenities and services
- Three-night minimum, from $7,000 per night
- To book, call our group sales specialists at (518) 523-4411
High Peaks Resort offers three unique lodging experiences in the heart of Lake Placid, from a traditional hotel experience in the High Peaks Resort to a modern retro-vibe in the Lake House to privacy and serenity in the Waterfront Collection. Guests enjoy sweeping views of the Adirondack Mountains and close proximity to various outdoor attractions and activities such as High Falls Gorge, Horseshoe Pond, the Olympic Center, The Wild Center in Tupper Lake, and easy kid-friendly hikes, kayaking, boating and more in the Adirondack Park. High Peaks Resort is also within walking distance to shopping, dining, and entertainment in downtown Lake Placid.
High Peaks Resort is committed to a high standard of cleanliness and has recently enhanced cleaning standards and practices to ensure guests, team members, and the community enjoy a safe and stress-free vacation. Following guidance from local, state and federal public health authorities regarding social distancing, cleaning, and personal protective equipment, the company outlined new cleaning and disinfecting standards for public spaces and communal areas, guest rooms, restaurants and bars, meeting and retail spaces, pools, and any area where guests or team members queue including the lobby, concierge, elevator, spa, and retail. Guests should come prepared and follow all CDC and local health guidance including practicing good hygiene and social distancing, wearing facial coverings in public spaces, and staying home and not visiting while sick.