Fully Vaccinated? You Can Now Travel to Coron, Palawan starting November 15
Team Out of Town Blog Hub (www.outoftownblog.com) – Are you excited to travel again? If you’re already fully vaccinated with the available COVID-19 vaccine, we’ve got good news for you. In a recent Facebook post by the Coron PIO, Coron, Palawan opens to non-Palawan residents under the Point to Point Bubble Tourism.
Executive Order No. 117 signed by Municipal Mayor Mario Reyes Jr., states that tourists coming outside of Palawan may visit the island through chartered or commercial flights as long as they are compliant to the requirements on EO 117.
See a list of those who are allowed entry to Coron:
- Fully vaccinated domestic tourists and foreigners (particularly those who are staying in the county before the start of the pandemic)
- Minors accompanied by fully vaccinated parents/legal guardians/elder siblings
- Fully vaccinated individuals on their 15th day after receiving their second dose of vaccines such as but not limited to Moderna, Pfizer, Sinovac, AstraZeneca, and Sputnik V.
- Fully vaccinated individuals who have received single-dose vaccines such as Janssen
Apart from being fully vaccinated, there will still be entry requirements for tourists. See the list below:
- COVID-19 vaccination card issued by a legitimate institution or Department of Health (DOH) accredited laboratory
- QR-coded Negative RT-PCR test result (with attached official receipt) taken within 48 hours before boarding aircraft
- Confirmed booking and/or registration
- Approved S-Pass travel application
For tourists coming from Puerto Princesa City and other component municipalities in Palawan, the requirements are as follows:
- Photocopy of valid ID
- Photocopy of negative Antigen test results within 24 hours before departure
- Photocopy of authorized vaccination card with QR code
- Approved Travel Coordination Permit through S-PASS.PH application system
- Confirmed hotel booking and/or registration
Though the island is slowly reopening to tourists, it will still implement strict measures in conformance to the Point to Point Bubble Tourism Protocol, as follows:
- Mandatory checking of requirements at the Tourism Info Desk at Coron Airport
- Submit luggage for disinfection upon arrival
- A payment of Php 200 Environmental Fee
- In case of land transfer from Coron Airport, mandatory use of staycation hotel vehicle shall be on a 50% seating capacity
- Tourists shall submit to comply with minimum public health standards
- Staycation tourists shall only be within hotel or resort premises at all times
- Hotel guests or tourists participating in special events are allowed to check-in as long as they have confirmed booking and registration to said event
- Staycation Hotel shall adhere to minimum public health standards set by the DOH
Apart from having strict health guidelines and requirements for tourists, Coron has also heightened its protocols for the establishments in ensuring that minimum public health standards are followed. Among others, establishments shall have the Local Travel Safe Seal, and owners, employees, or personnel must be fully vaccinated.
For queries or concerns about Coron’s Point to Point Bubble Tourism, you may contact the following numbers:
Are you planning to travel to Coron soon? Let us know in the comment section below!
Source: Coron PIO.