6 Out of Town Destinations for Families
Table of Contents
The Philippines is a beautiful country full of wonderful destinations that you can go to all year around either with your friends or family. There are several beach resorts in Romblon, Pangasinan, Batangas, and other places in the country that you can choose from.
Some of these places even have rich histories that young children (including some adults) can learn about. If you are planning to take a family vacation for the next long weekend, then perhaps you might want to consider going to some of these places:
Out of Town Destinations for Families
Bohol is one of the most visited provinces in the nation. However, its tourism rate had decreased exponentially when the place was hit by an earthquake in the year 2014. The Government has worked hard from then to raise the visitor numbers once again.
The most famous tourist spot that you and your family can see in Bohol is the Chocolate Hills, which are a group of hills that have been formed together geologically.
- Ultimate Travel Guide to Bohol
- Why You Should Visit Bohol Soon?
- A Day’s Tricycle Journey in Bohol
- 10 Amazing Things To Do In Bohol In 2 Days
- Travel Guide: Top 10 things to do while in Bohol
Coron is an island in Palawan that you can definitely take your kids to so that they can learn more about history. It is one of the best diving spots in the world not only because of its clear blue waters but also because of the WWII Japanese warships that are now sunken shipwrecks stuck in this paradise.
The island is also the home to the cleanest lake that can be found in the Philippines, Kayangan Lake.
- Coron Travel Guide for First Timers
- The Scenes and Sights of Coron via Discovery Fleet Cruise
- Where To Eat In Coron Palawan
- Why You Should Pack Your Bags and Visit Coron Palawan
- Top 7 Things to do and see in Coron Palawan
Did you know that Cebu City is actually the first capital of the Philippines?
You read that right; it is the country’s capital before Manila claimed this title. It is after all the historical place where Ferdinand Magellan, a Spanish explorer, first set foot and discovered the Pearl of the Orient.
Cebu City offers an array of attractions which includes the highly acclaimed Sinulog Festival. Your family will definitely learn more about the Philippine history in this destination; and you can also take home guitars that have been specially crafted in Cebu!
- Food Trip: 5 Hottest Brunch Spots in Cebu
- 9 Reasons to Visit Cebu
- Top 10 Eats In Cebu That Won’t Hurt Your Wallet
Davao City can be found in Mindanao, which is one of the three island groups that can be found in the country.
If you take your family here, you will be able to enjoy and visit the following places: Davao Crocodile Park, Philippine Eagle Centre, and the many beautiful beaches that can be found in the area.
You can also try to climb Mt. Apo, the archipelago’s highest peak, if your family enjoys hiking.
- Davao City Travel Guide for First-time Travelers
- Top 8 Budget Hotels in Davao City
- Experiencing the South: 8 Things to do while in Davao
The UNESCO has named Vigan City as a World Heritage Site since the year 1999, which means the city is not only famous in the Philippines, but also in the entire world.
Some of the structures that have been preserved in the city dates back to the 1500s. There are several museums that can be found in the place and they will no doubt teach you about all the artefacts that they display!
- Travel Guide: 5 Things you cannot miss in Vigan
- Top 10 Hotels In Vigan for 2015
- The Historic City of Vigan: Side by Side with other World Heritage Sites
- Travel Guide: Vigan, Ilocos Sur
Baguio City is famous for the cold climate it sports all year around. It has been called as the Summer Capital of the Philippines because of it.
Aside from Spain, the United States of America has had a huge impact to the Philippine history and this is very obvious if you visit Baguio. Most of the tourist attractions you will be able to see around the town like Camp John Hay, Burnham Park, and Wright Park have been named after American figures.
- Baguio City Travel Guide: Travel Tips, Itinerary and Things to do
- Travel Guide: How to Get to Baguio from Metro Manila
- Baguio City Itinerary: Things to Do and See in Baguio City
Plan your visits now and learn history not by reading old books but by visiting historical places themselves!