#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for August 13, 2019 (Tuesday)
Table of Contents
(Manila, Philippines) – Several LGU’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Tuesday, August 13, 2019, due to heavy monsoon rains which will prevail over some parts of the country.
Walang Pasok Updates: Agosto 13, Martes
(As of 10:31 PM, August 13, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work Tomorrow:
Cordillera Administrative Region
- Baguio City – preschool to elementary, public and private (source)
- Benguet Province – preschool to senior high school, public and private (source)
- Itogon, Benguet – all levels, public and private
- La Trinidad, Benguet – preschool to senior high school, public and private
- Tublay, Benguet – all levels, public and private
- Tagudin, Ilocos Sur – all levels, public and private
- No announcement yet
Schools and Universities
- St. Nicholas Academy in Macabebe, Pampanga
Philippine Weather Updates
Southwest Monsoon affecting the whole country.
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 4:00 PM, 12, August 2019
Philippine Forecast Weather Conditions
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Zambales, and Bataan||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslide due to scattered light to moderate rains|
|Metro Manila and the rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Tuesday, August 13, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to bad weather.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
- The complete list of Philippine Holidays and Long Weekends for 2019