#WalangPasok: Class cancellations on November 21, 2018 (Wednesday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several LGU’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes on Wednesday, November 21, 2018, due to inclement weather condition brought about by Tropical Depression Samuel (International name: Toraji).
#WalangPasok Announcements – Class suspensions for November 2018
(As of 11:33 PM, November 20, 2018) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Wednesday:
- Agutaya, Palawan – all levels (public and private)
- Busuanga, Palawan – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Cagayancillo, Palawan – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Magsaysay, Palawan – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- San Vicente, Palawan – all levels (public and private)
- Taytay, Palawan – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
Bohol Province – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
Cebu – preschool to senior high school (public schools)
- Cebu City – all levels (public schools)
- Lapu-Lapu City – all levels (public schools)
- Mandaue City – preschool to senior high school (public schools)
- Talisay City – all levels
- Alegria – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
- Danao – all levels (public only)
- Dumanjug – all levels (public only)
- Talisay – all levels (public only)
- Tacloban City – all levels
- Bago City – preschool to high school
- Cadiz City – preschool to senior high school
- San Carlos City – preschool to senior high school
Negros Oriental – all levels
Iloilo City – preschool to senior high school (public and private)
Typhoon Update by PAGASA Issued at 04:00 pm, 20 November 2018
At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “SAMUEL” was estimated based on all available data at 250 km East of Maasin City, Southern Leyte or 165 km East Southeast of Guiuan, Eastern Samar (10.4 °N, 127.1 °E )
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “SAMUEL” IS CONTINUES TO MOVE WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AS IT APPROACHES THE LEYTE GULF AREA.
- Moderate to heavy rains which may trigger flooding and landslides is expected over Visayas, Bicol Region, MIMAROPA, Dinagat Islands, and Siargao island. Residents of these areas, especially those living near or in river channels, low-lying and mountainous areas, are advised to take appropriate measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates.
- Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the areas under TCWS #1, as well as the northern and eastern seaboards of Luzon.
- “SAMUEL” is expected to make landfall in the area between the southern portion of Eastern Samar and Dinagat Islands tonight.
#WalangPasok: Nobyembre 21, Miyerkules
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.