This Spring Resort in Quezon with the Clearest Water is open to the public for just 20 Pesos
Quezon Province, Philippines — It’s the summer season! Once the summer heat is officially on, we, Filipinos, love to visit the beaches. Luckily, the Philippines is surrounded by top-class beaches: From the crystal clear waters of Boracay, the white beaches of Pagudpod, and the untouched beaches of Palawan. But have you heard of the Malinaw Spring Resort?
Where Is The Malinaw Spring Resort?
The Malinao or Malinaw Spring and Resort can be found near the borders of Lucban, Quezon and Majayjay, Laguna. Other than its famous Longganisang Lucban and pancit habhab, the resort is beautifully situated at the foot of Mt. Banahaw, along the Lucban River.
Why Visit This Spring Resort?
The place is beautiful, no chlorine, and and the spring water comes directly from Mount Banahaw. It is perfect for social media photos! The name of the resort stands up for its clear water. Once you take a dive in its clear water, you will feel refreshed.
Since it’s located at the foot of Mt. Banahaw, the Malinao Spring Resort is surrounded by nature. As you enjoy the place, you will find different trees and animals. Thanks to the beauty and ambiance that it gives, you will feel happy and calm — perfect for a weekend retreat, especially if you are stressed out.
Things to do in the area
There are a lot of things to do at the Malinaw Spring Resort.
- Take a dip at the cool and refreshing water.
- Cook your favorite delicacies while enjoying the view.
- Capture the memories via photos.
- Just a few meters away from the resort, there are several groups offering White Water Rafting services, which is a fun activity, especially if you are with adventure-driven friends.
How To Get There
There are several ways on how to get to the resort:
Head over to any Bus Terminals where you can find buses with regular trips to Lucena:
- From EDSA-Kamuning – Lucena Lines, Jac Liner, Grand Star, Tritan bus to Lucena
- From Cubao-Araneta Terminal – Any buses bound to Legazpi or Naga via Lucena. Ask the conductor to drop you at the Grand Central Terminal in Lucena City
- From EDSA-Pasay – JB Line Bicol Express, DLTB, Philtranco or Inland Trailway bus to Lucena
- From Pureza – AB Liner Bus to Guinayangan via Lucena
Then take a jeepney ride to Lucban. From Lucban, take a tricycle and ask the driver to take you to the resort.
By Private Car
Head on towards SLEX and take the Batangas Exit. Turn left at the junction in Sto. Tomas, Batangas then pass by San Pablo, Laguna on your way to Quezon Province.
From Quezon Province, you will pass the towns of Tiaong, then Candelaria, and lastly Sariaya. From Sariaya, you will find another junction. Turn right and it will lead you to Lucena City.
Things You Need To Know
Where to Stay in Malinaw Spring Resort
There are cottages and rooms for rent in the resort. Prices vary, depending on the months and season when you will be visiting the place.
Entrance Fee and Cottage Rental
- Entrance Fee: 20PHP
- Cottages For Rent: 400PHP (Peak Season) and 100PHP (Low Season)
- Rooms: 800 to 1200PHP for an overnight stay
The signal can be a bit weak in the place.
If you want to experience not only the beauty of the Malinao Spring Resort but also everything that Lucban has to offer, the province has an annual festivity, the Pahiyas Festival, one of the Philippines’ most colorful festival during the 15th of May. Locals artistically decorate their houses with colorful harvests of grains, fruits, and vegetables. But prepare for the huge crowd too! You can also do a pilgrimage tour at Kamay ni Hesus in Lucban.
Also see: Top Things to do in Lucban, Quezon
Make sure that before you leave the place, you grab some pasalubongs like the Pancit Habhab, Lucban Longganisa, Puto Bao, Adobo sa Puti, and Minanok!