Your Complete Travel Guide to Bolinao, Pangasinan
If you are not a frequent traveler or not from the northern parts of the Philippines, then you might not have heard about the town of Bolinao in Pangasinan. Actually, it is not a popular holiday destination yet. For this reason, it is also nicknamed as ‘The Hidden Jewel of the North’. If you are looking forward to exploring this hidden jewel of the North Philippines, this Bolinao Travel Guide will help you plan your trip to this northern paradise.
In this 2020 Bolinao Budget Travel Guide, our aim is to give you the most helpful budget travel tips, DIY tips, recommended hotels, things to do and see, sample itinerary, best places to eat and more.
You will definitely love the untouched and serene beauty of Bolinao. Well, you might be totally lost when planning your visit to this place, like how to get started, how to reach there, where to stay, tourist spots and other things to do. There is nothing to worry about. Here is a complete do-it-yourself Bolinao Travel Guide for you.
Where is Bolinao?
Bolinao is a third class municipality located in the province of Pangasinan Philippines. Bolinao is one of the best beach destinations in Luzon that can be reached by land travel. This is where you can find Cape Bolinao Lighthouse that provides a panoramic view of the West Philippine Sea.
How to reach Bolinao?
You can get to Bolinao via bus or by your own vehicle. Here are some important guidelines for you that will help you get there.
Generally, there are three main bus service providers who organize trips to Bolinao, Pangasinan. They offer both day and night services. You can make your bookings on an AC or non AC bus. It’s all up to you. You can just go directly or call these Bus operators listed below:
• Victory Liner (Cubao Terminal) Phone number: (02) 727-4534, 727-4688, 410-8986
• FiveStar Bus Inc.( Pasay Terminal) Phone number: (02) 851-6613, 851-6614, 851-6659, 833-4772
• Dagupan Bus Line (Cubao Terminal) Phone number: (02) 727-2330
Travel time to Bolinao
It takes 5 to 6 hours to reach this town. If you are traveling by bus, stopovers would be at Dau, Tarlac, and Alaminos. Make sure to carry some food along with you. In order to get trip plans, ticket booking, and other important details, you might get in touch with the bus service providers. Upon reaching Bolinao town proper, you would have to take a tricycle in order to reach your hotel or resort.
By Private Car
It is one of the best and convenient ways to reach Bolinao. If you have your own car then you won’t have to worry about the time. You can tour around freely. You can take the Subic, Clark, and Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX) route in order to view the scenic beauty of the landscapes of Bolinao.
Related Post: How to get to Patar White Beach in Bolinao Pangasinan
Getting Around Bolinao
Bringing your own car to Bolinao has a great advantage so you can move easily around the town and some tourist spots. If you will be visiting the place by Bus, tourist spots around Bolinao is accessible by renting a tricycle.
Tricycle Fare: Php150 (USD$3.00) one way
Where to stay in Bolinao?
When you plan a visit to Bolinao, do make sure to go for an overnight stay. Otherwise, you will not be able to explore each and every aspect of this place. You will find some really good accommodations here, like resorts, penthouse, hotels, and cottages. A little tip for people with a small budget – you can opt for room cottages at the serene Patar White Beach.
Birdland Beach Club
On the rugged coral coast of Bgy, Arnedo, Birdland Beach Club was the sanctuary that we needed to relax and revitalize in from our bustling city lives. Yet upon landing there, it became apparent that this eco-modern boutique resort was not just for people like us, but also for the birds nesting in the countless birdhouses planted around it.
Check out other Recommended Places to Stay in Bolinao here:
- Ilog Malino Beach Resort
- Casa Almarenzo Bed and Breakfast Resort Bolinao – (check rates and availability) 313 Sitio Cabange, Brgy. Estanza, Telephone 09228588450
- El Pescador – San Andres St., Poblacion, Telephone (075) 5542559
- Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort and Hotel Club – (Check Rates and Availability) Ilog Malino, Phone Number (075) 6960530
- Punta Riviera Del Mar Resort – (check rates and availability) Ilog Malino Contact Info (075) 6961350 / (075) 6961274
- Villa Soledad Beach Resort – (check rates and availability) – You may contact this Bolinao Resort at 736-2239 / 09228074538 / 09151287785 / 09209092768
- Treasures of Bolinao Beach Resort and Hotel – Patar White Beach, Telephone (0920) 3818888 / (0921) 5592732 / (0910) 7836648
Related Post: List of Hotels and Resorts in Bolinao Pangasinan
Where to Eat in Bolinao
Some of the resorts have their own restaurants where you can order food. There are also “Paluto” restaurants in Patar White Beach where you can bring raw food and have them cooked your way. If you want more decent restaurants, you can find them in Bolinao town center.
Places to visit in Bolinao
Here are some of the most popular tourist spots in Bolinao:
- UP Marine Science Institute – Considered as one of the leading scientific research institutions in Southeast Asia. Researchers at the institute’s laboratory are responsible for cultivating coral-producing giant clams (taklobo). Some of the cultivated giant clams are transplanted to Hundred Islands National Park in Alaminos Pangasinan.
- St. James the Fortress Parish Church – The Saint James the Great Parish Church is a Spanish colonial church located at Brgy. Germinal in Bolinao, Pangasinan, Philippines. The church was made out of black coral stones. The church underwent a series of natural and man-made calamities, such as the 1788 earthquake, the 1819 fire incident, and Typhoon Emong in 2009.
- Patar Rock Beach A nice place to stopover to appreciate the rocky beach and have some fresh coconut juice. There are huts are available for rent and the whole set-up looks like a small rustic village by the beach.
- Patar White Beach – The most popular attraction in the town of Bolinao. It is mostly crowded and this beach is famous for its creamy white, crystal clear water, and a breathtaking view of the West Philippine Sea.
- Enchanted Cave – It is one of its kind caves that hold emerald green and a fresh pool of water within its womb. Its depth is estimated to be around 3 ft to 6 ft. It also houses a trail of hundreds of corals that more look like rocks.
- Balingasay River Cruise – A private riverboat cruise that offers lunch and tour in Luzon’s cleanest river.
- Tara Falls – Prepare to swim in this mini-waterfalls in Bolinao
- Bolinao Falls – It is bigger than Tara Falls and you can easily reach this area through a well-maintained trail and a 5-10 minute hike.
- Bolinao National Museum – The museum displays archeological, ethnographic, and natural history objects from the area of Pangasinan. Prehistoric artifacts include fossils, Stone-Age tools, pottery, iron tools. Items from a 14th-15th-century burial site are also on display.
- Cape Bolinao Lighthouse – It was built by the Americans in 1903 on a 351 feet (107 m) high promontory at the western part of Cape Bolinao, the lighthouse still sends signals to vessels passing by the area.
Make sure to visit each and every one of them, otherwise, your Bolinao adventure will remain incomplete.
Pasalubong Shopping in Bolinao
If you love to try local delicacies then buy “Binungey” for Pasalubong. Binungey is a rice cake delicacy made by steaming a bamboo segment which is filled with coconut milk and sticky rice.
For Pasalubong Shopping, there are souvenir shops available in Patar White Beach area, some hotels and resorts also sell a variety of souvenirs like Tshirts, Keychains, and many more.
Bolinao Travel Tips
- Book your accommodation in advance during summer (list of hotel and resorts in Bolinao Pangasinan)
- Bring water bottles
- Make sure to bring your own road trip snacks, buying snacks at most bus stopovers are more expensive.
- Bring extra Snacks (some resorts are far from groceries and convenience stores)
- Bring Sunblock
- Bring Dry Bag for your belongings
- Create an itinerary to maximize your time
- Travel with a group of friends to save more money
Bolinao Travel Budget and Expenses
- Victory Liner, Inc. and Five Star, Inc. offer bus trips from Manila to either Bolinao or Alaminos (P374 non-aircon, P469 aircon)
- Tricycle Fare to your resort (P150) / Person
- Enchanted Cave Entrance Fee (P150) / Person
- Rock Formation Entrance Fee (P70) / Person
- Patar Beach Cottage Rental (P200) / Person
- Bolinao Falls Entrance Fee (P50) / Person
- Food (P100) Average cost per meal
*Bolinao Travel Budget and Expenses may change without prior notice
Bolinao Tourism Office Contact Info
Bolinao Pangasinan Tourism Information Office
Tel. No. : (075) 554 – 4284
We will update this Bolinao Travel Guide for 2020, should there be any corrections or info that needs to be updated/included, please do let us know:)
- How To Get To Patar White Beach in Bolinao Pangasinan
- Coron Travel Guide for First Timers
- A Full Detox in One Day at Mandala Spa and Resort Villas Boracay
- DIY Trip: Ultimate Budget Travel Guide to Bohol
- Top 10 Secluded Beaches in the Philippines
- Stunning Beaches You Need To Experience While Visiting the Philippines
- Ultimate List of the Best Hotels and Resorts in Samal Island
- Bali Budget Travel Guide: Itinerary, Places to Stay, Things to do and More
- Sagada Budget Travel Guide: Itinerary, Things to do + How to get There and more
- Penang Travel Guide: Itinerary, Things to do + How to get There and more
- Tagaytay City Travel Guide: Tour Itinerary, Things to do + How to get there and more