#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for September 14, 2019 (Saturday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Saturday, September 14, 2019, due to an earthquake that struck off the coast of Quezon province on Friday.
Walang Pasok Updates: Setyempre 14, Saturday
(As of 12:01 am, Sept 14, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work Today:
Schools, Colleges and Universities in Metro Manila
- De La Salle University, Manila — classes and work to resume at 1:00 p.m.
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines — all NCR, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Quezon, Camarines Sur branches and campuses
- Arellano University – all levels; classes suspended also on Sunday, Sept. 15, and Monday, Sept. 16
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran
- PWU Taft Avenue and PWU Jasms Indiana Campuses
- UE Caloocan and Manila
- TIP Quezon City and Manila
- FEU Manila
- San Beda University
- UP Diliman
- Ateneo de Manila University
- The cities of Valenzuela and Muntinlupa also suspended classes.
Philippine Weather Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 PM, 13, Sept 2019
At 3:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARILYN” was estimated based on all available data at 1,045 km East of Basco, Batanes (19.5°N, 131.9°E) with maximum sustained winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 70 km/h. It°is almost stationary. Southwest Monsoon affecting Southern Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Metro Manila, Central Luzon, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Bicol Region, Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, BARMM, SOCCSKSARGEN and Northern Mindanao||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due to occasional heavy rains|
|Rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms||Localized thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “MARILYN” MAINTAINS IT STRENGTH WHILE MOVING NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD.
- Tonight until tomorrow evening, light to moderate rains with at times heavy rain showers during thunderstorms will be experienced over Metro Manila, Aurora, CALABARZON, Bicol Region, MIMAROPA, Western Visayas, and Zamboanga Peninsula.
- Residents of the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to floods and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small seacrafts, over the western seaboard of Southern Luzon and the seaboards of Visayas and Mindanao due to potentially rough sea condition.
- “MARILYN” remains less likely to make landfall in the country throughout the forecast period.
Location of Eye/center
At 10:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARILYN” was estimated based on all available data at 1,130 km East of Basco, Batanes (20.3 °N, 132.8 °E )
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Saturday, September 14, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to Friday Earthquake / Lindol.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok dahil sa Lindol updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
- The complete list of Philippine Holidays and Long Weekends for 2019