#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for November 19, 2019 (Tuesday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Tuesday, November 19, 2019, due to inclement weather brought about by Severe Tropical Storm Ramon (Kalmaegi).
Walang Pasok Updates: Nobyembre 19, Martes
(As of 12:01am, Nov 19, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Tuesday:
- Tuguegarao City – all levels (public and private) (source)
- Ilocos Norte
- Batac – all levels (public and private) (source)
- Laoag City – all levels (public and private)
- Pagudpud – all levels (public and private)
- Paoay – all levels (public and private)
- San Nicolas – all levels (public and private)
Cordillera Administrative Region
- Conner – all levels (public and private)
- Benguet Province – preschool (public and private)
Philippine Weather Severe Tropical Storm Ramon Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 8:00 PM, 18, Nov 2019
TROPICAL STORM “RAMON” IS NOW MOVING SLOWLY NORTHWESTWARD.
- The rainfall outlook for tonight: Moderate with occasional to frequent heavy rains over Cagayan including the Babuyan Islands, Batanes, the northern portion of Isabela, Ilocos Norte and Apayao. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over the rest of Ilocos Norte, rest of Isabela, Kalinga, and Abra.
- The rainfall outlook for tomorrow: Light to moderate with occasional heavy rains over Northern Cagayan including Babuyan Islands, Batanes, Apayao, and the northern portion of Ilocos Norte. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over the rest of Ilocos Norte, Isabela, Kalinga, Abra, Ilocos Sur, and the rest of Cagayan.
- Residents in the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take appropriate actions, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small sea crafts, over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, the western seaboard of Northern Luzon, and the eastern seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon due to prevailing or forecast rough sea conditions.
- “RAMON” is forecast to make landfall over Northern Cagayan between tonight and tomorrow morning.
- At 7:00 PM today, the Low-Pressure Area (LPA) outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) was estimated at 1,285 km East of Eastern Visayas (11.4°N, 137.5°E). This weather disturbance is forecast to enter the PAR within 24 hours and may develop into a Tropical Depression within 48 hours.
Location of Eye/center
At 7:00 PM today, the center of Severe Tropical Storm “RAMON” was estimated based on all available data including Aparri Radar at 150 km East Northeast of Aparri, Cagayan (18.7 °N, 123.0 °E ).
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
- 24 Hour (Tomorrow afternoon): In the vicinity of Calanasan, Apayao(18.2°N, 121.1°E)
- 48 Hour (Wednesday afternoon):310 km West of Iba, Zambales(15.1°N, 117.1°E)
- 72 Hour (Thursday afternoon): 120 km West of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(11.2°N, 113.0°E)
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Cagayan, Isabela, Apayao, Kalinga and Ilocos Provinces||Stormy||TS -Ramon-||Possible floodings or landslides. Light to moderate damage due to strong winds.|
|The rest of Cagayan Valley and of Cordillera Administrative Region||Occasional rains with gusty winds||TS -Ramon-||Possible floodings or landslides. Very light to light damage due to strong winds.|
|The rest of Ilocos Region and the provinces of Aurora and Quezon||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||TS – Ramon-||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms.|
|Metro Manila and the rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms.|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Tuesday, November 19, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.