LIST: 2020 Philippine Regular, Special Non-Working Holidays, and Long Weekends
Table of Contents
Manila, Philippines — Planning for your 2020 Holidays? With just two months remaining before the year ends, quite a few people are already agog of the different holidays in the Philippines in the coming year.
So, if you are among those people who are planning to set their long weekend vacation in 2020, we are spilling the beans. It is by sharing with you the complete and official list of 2020 Philippine holidays. This way, at least you will have an idea as to when you are going to file a leave for your much-anticipated long, relaxing weekend getaway with your loved ones.
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte signed Proclamation No. 845, which declares 10 regular and 7 special non-working holidays for 2020. So, without further ado, here is the rundown of the official and complete 2020 Philippine holidays:
Complete List of Holidays and Long Weekends in the Philippines for 2020
- January 1, 2020 (Wednesday) – New Year’s Day
- April 9, 2020 (Thursday) – Araw ng Kagitingan
- April 9, 2020 – Maundy Thursday
- April 10, 2020 – Good Friday
- May 1, 2020 (Friday) – Labor Day
- June 12, 2020 (Friday) – Independence Day
- August 31, 2020 (last Monday of August) – National Heroes’ Day
- November 30, 2020 (Monday) – Bonifacio Day
- December 25, 2020 (Friday) – Christmas Day
- December 30, 2020 (Wednesday) – Rizal Day
SPECIAL NON-WORKING HOLIDAYS
- January 25, 2020 (Saturday) – Chinese New Year
- February 25, 2020 (Tuesday) – EDSA Revolution Anniversary
- April 11, 2020 – Black Saturday
- August 21, 2020 (Friday) – Ninoy Aquino Day
- November 1, 2020 (Sunday) – All Saints’ Day
- December 8, 2020 (Tuesday) – Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary
- December 31, 2020 (Thursday) – Last day of the year
ADDITIONAL NON-WORKING HOLIDAYS
- November 2, 2020, Monday – All Souls’ Day
- December 24, 2020, Thursday – Christmas Eve
List of 13 long weekends in 2020
- December 28, 2019, to January 1, 2020 (Rizal Day and New Year weekend)
- February 22 to 25, 2020 (EDSA Anniversary weekend)
- April 9 to 12, 2020 (Araw ng Kagitingan and Holy Week)
- May 1 to 3, 2020 (Labor Day weekend)
- June 12 to 14, 2020 (Independence Day weekend)
- July 31, 2020, to August 2, 2019 (Eid’l Adha weekend) **for update
- August 21 to 23, 2020 (Ninoy Aquino Day)
- August 29 to 31, 2020 (National Heroes’ Day weekend)
- October 31, 2020, to November 2, 2020 (All Saints/Souls’ Day weekend)
- November 28 to 30, 2020 (Bonifacio Day weekend)
- December 5 to 8, 2020 (Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary)
- December 24 to 27, 2020 (Christmas weekend)
- December 30, 2020, to January 3, 2021 (Rizal Day and New Year weekend)
The proclamation of two Islamic holidays for the observance of Eidul Fitr and Eidul Adha will be issued after the dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra).
Projected dates of Philippine Islam holidays in 2020:
- Eidul Fitr 2020 – Sunday, May 24 or Monday, May 25
- Eidul Adha 2020 – Friday, July 31
The holiday proclamation also stated that “The National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President of the actual dates on which these holidays shall respectively fall,”.
Holiday Pay in PH
The Labor Code of the Philippines specifies two types of holidays: the “regular holiday” and the “special non-working day”. There is a difference in the pay that employers are required to pay between the two types of holidays. There is also a difference in what is closed and in how the days are declared.
|Did not work (including rest days)||Did work|
|Regular holiday||100% of the daily wage||200% of the daily wage|
|Special non-working day||not paid||130% of the daily wage|
On top of these pay rules, an employee shall be given an additional 30% if the holiday falls on his or her rest day, and an additional 30% if he or she works overtime.
There you have it: the list of Philippine Regular & Special Non-Working Holidays for the Year 2020. Book your flights and hotels as early as today so that you will enjoy more perks, such as discounts. Enjoy!