#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for November 14, 2019 (Thursday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Thursday, November 14, 2019, due to inclement weather brought about by Tropical Storm Ramon (Kalmaegi).
Walang Pasok Updates: Nobyembre 14, Huwebes
(As of 2:01am, Nov 14, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Thursday:
- Albay Province — starting 1 pm in all levels (public and private)
- Camarines Norte Province — All levels (Public and Private) (source)
- Virac, Catanduanes — All levels (Public and Private)
- Caramoran, Catanduanes — All levels (Public and Private)
- Panganiban, Catanduanes — All levels (Public and Private)
- Naga City, Bicol — All levels (Public and Private)
- Bulan, Sorsogon – preschool to senior high school (public and private) (source)
Philippine Weather Tropical Storm Ramon Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 5:00 PM, 13, Nov 2019
Tropical Storm RAMON SLIGHTLY SLOWS DOWN AS IT MOVES WEST-NORTHWESTWARD.
- Between today and tomorrow afternoon, light to moderate with occasional heavy rains may be experienced over eastern portion Cagayan and Isabela, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Catanduanes. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over Apayao, Aurora, Quezon, and the rest of Cagayan, Isabela, and Bicol Region.
- Between tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon, light to moderate with occasional heavy rains may be experienced over the eastern portion of Cagayan and Isabela. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over Bicol Region, Marinduque, Romblon, Quezon, Aurora, and Apayao.
- Residents in the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the
- Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS #1) may be raised over Pollilo Island in the next bulletin.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small sea crafts, over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, the seaboards of Northern Luzon, and the eastern seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon due to prevailing or forecast rough sea conditions.
Location of Eye/center
At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Storm “RAMON” was estimated based on all available data at 390 km East of Catarman, Northern Samar (12.9 °N, 128.2 °E )
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
- 24 Hour (Tomorrow afternoon): 160 km Northeast of Virac, Catanduanes(14.5°N, 125.4°E)
- 48 Hour (Friday afternoon):250 km East of Baler, Aurora(15.8°N, 123.9°E)
- 72 Hour (Saturday afternoon): In the vicinity of Ilagan, Isabela(17.2°N, 122.2°E)
- 96 Hour (Sunday afternoon): In the vicinity of Capacuan, Cagayan(17.8°N, 121.4°E)
- 120 Hour (Monday afternoon):105 km Northwest of Laoag City, Ilocos Norte(18.8°N, 119.8°E)
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Bicol Region and the provinces of Northern and Eastern Samar||Rains with Gusty winds||TS -RAMON-||Possible flash floods or landslides due to scattered moderate to at times heavy rains|
|MIMAROPA, rest of Visayas, and the provinces of Aurora and Quezon||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||TS -RAMON-||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
|Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon||Cloudy skies with light rains||Northeast Monsoon||No Significant impact|
|Mindanao||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Thursday, November 14, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.