Updated Jakarta, Indonesia Travel Requirements for 2022
As of May 2022, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the COVID-19 Level 1: Low. Visitors from abroad are no longer required to get a COVID-19 Test or COVID-19 Medical Insurance. Effective May 17, 2022, the Indonesian government dropped the mask-wearing protocol for outdoor settings. Mask-wearing protocols for indoor settings and public transportation still stands.
List of Travelers Allowed to Enter
- Indonesian Citizens (WNI)
- Foreign Citizens (WNA) from all foreign countries who will enter Indonesia, either directly or by transiting to foreign countries, are temporarily prohibited from entering Indonesia unless they meet one of the following criteria:
- Foreigners holding legal and valid visas and Stay Permit (consisting of Service Visa, Diplomatic Visa, Visit Visa, Temporary Stay Visa, Official Stay Permit, Diplomatic Stay Permit, Temporary Stay Permit (KITAS), Permanent Stay Permit (KITAP), foreigners with health and humanitarian purpose (after receiving a recommendation from the ministry/institution that carries out the COVID- 9 handling function), and transportation crew that comes with the conveyance
- Referring to the Travel Corridor Agreement (TCA)
- Obtained a special written consideration/permission from an Indonesian Ministry/Institution
- Delegations of G20 member countries
- Foreigners (WNA) on a short-term visit (Leisure Purposes)
- VISA Free for ASEAN Nationalities
- Nationalities include Brunei Darussalam, Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Visa-Free is valid for 30 days. Travelers with the intent or possibility to extend more than 30 days can apply for VOA.
- Other nationalities are required to avail of VoA and will be paid upon arrival.
- Nationalities include South Africa, United States, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Netherlands, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bosnia Herzegovina Bulgaria, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Philippines, Finland, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, England, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Germany, Cambodia, Canada, South Korea, Croatia, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Egypt, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Mexico, Myanmar, Norway, Oman, France, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, New Zealand, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Cyprus, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor Leste, China, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Vietnam, Jordan, and Greece.
- The VoA costs IDR 500,000 or USD35
- VOA is valid for thirty (30) days stay and travelers may extend for thirty (30) days more, a maximum of sixty (60) days stay in total. The hotel location can process the visa extension at the nearest Immigration Office.
- VISA Free for ASEAN Nationalities
List of Jakarta Travel Requirements
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Must complete the full dose of vaccine fourteen (14) days prior to travel
- Travelers aged between 6-17 years are no longer required to present a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- The vaccination card or certificate (physical or digital) must be written in English, in addition to the language of the country of origin
- Indonesian citizens who have not been vaccinated abroad will be vaccinated at the entry point after taking the PCR test on arrival with a negative test result or at the quarantine place after the second RT-PCR examination is carried out with negative results
- Foreigners who have not been vaccinated abroad will be vaccinated at the entry point after taking the PCR test on arrival with a negative test result or at the quarantine place after the second RT-PCR examination is carried out with negative results, under the following conditions:
- Foreigners aged between 6-17 years
- Holders of Diplomatic Residence Permits and Official Residence Permits; and/or
- Holders of a Limited Stay Permit Card (KITAS) and a Permanent Residence Permit Card (KITAP)
- Foreigners who are already in Indonesia and will travel, both domestically and internationally, are required to be vaccinated through a program or mutual cooperation scheme in accordance with statutory regulations
- Registration to PeduliLindungi mobile application (via google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telkom.tracencare)
- Registration to the E-HAC (via the PeduliLindungi mobile application)
- PH Bureau of Immigration Declaration Form (via com/en/~/media/files/coronavirus/travelrulesandrestrictions/oct2020/travel%20declaration.pdf?la=en)
- Registration to Electronic Custom Declaration (via ngurahrai-airport.co.id/)
- Visa (if applicable)
List of Jakarta Quarantine Requirements
- Fully Vaccinated travelers or those who have received booster shots at a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to the travel will be able to continue the journey without undergoing quarantine.
- Those with a single (1) dose of COVID-19 vaccine or unvaccinated must undergo five (5) days of required quarantine. Quarantine facilities are prepared by the government facility for Indonesia Migrant Workers, Students (free) or in designated hotels at their own expense (for general Indonesian Citizens).
- Foreign travelers under 18 years old, or under 18 years old need special protection, the duration of quarantine follows provisions that apply to parent or guardian companion.
- International travelers with special health conditions or comorbid diseases who cannot receive vaccines are required to present a doctor’s certificate from the government-owned hospital from the location of departure stating that the person has not been and/or cannot receive COVID-19 vaccination.
Notice from the Directorate General of Custom & Excise, Ministry of Finance of The Republic of Indonesia:
- Indonesian and Foreign National carrying cellular telecommunication devices (mobile phones, tablets) purchased from outside of Indonesia are advised to register the device’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number at origin country before departure to Indonesia via beacukai.go.id/register-imei.html.
|INDONESIA TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS OVERVIEW (source: Philippine Airlines)|
- Bali Travel Requirements
- How To Apply For A Chinese Visa For Philippine Passport Holders
- How To Get A Driver’s License In The Philippines
- What Every Foreigner Needs To Know Before Visiting The Philippines