Hotel Review: Waterfront Insular Hotel in Davao City
Table of Contents
A few weeks ago, I was invited to revisit one of my most favorite Philippine cities of all time—Davao City. During the span of my 3-day and 2-night staycation, I had my sojourn in the Waterfront Insular Hotel in Davao City (hotel info).
Waterfront Insular Hotel in Davao (hotel reviews) is one of the oldest hotels in the city. The property was originally acquired by the current management in 1999.
The buildings were originally designed by the National Artist for Architecture Leandro Locsin, and the renovating team knew that it was best to keep the oldies vibe of the property.
The result? A rustic, low-rise hotel, with the culture of the city encapsulated in each corner.
Waterfront Insular wouldn’t be Waterfront Insular without the spectacular location by the ocean. The seaside vibe is complemented well by its proximity from the national highway. It is very accessible, yet it offers a sense of seclusion and a laid-back atmosphere.
Ambiance and Reception
One thing that continues to amaze me as a traveler is how hotels manage to find a conveniently accessible location without sacrificing exclusivity. This temporary residence of mine in Davao had a picturesque, summery feel to it.
The varying heights of the coconut trees in the area, the gazebos and huts by the sea, and even just the air smells like vacation. It has a very close to home and natural atmosphere. Add the hospitality of the staff here, and you have the closest you can get to home.
All of the rooms in this hotel had something in common: they’re all perfect. The shiny, wooden finish of the floor, the warm and comfortably dim orange lights, the artistic Filipino motif of the rooms, and the balcony—oh the balcony!—all contribute to the unparalleled beauty of this hotel.
The amenities of my room included a huge, LCD cable TV, a telephone with an international direct-dialing feature, 24-hour room service, a fast WiFi, and an air conditioner with thermostat control.
This piece of heaven on Earth has anything you can ask for. It has a gym, a rather fancy outdoor pool, and a massage center. There are available conference facilities as well, if you are here for a business trip.
The hotel has also formed a walking trail. This is very perfect for staycationers like me because walking around in what looked like a very huge garden was just an amazing experience.
Meanwhile, there are five dining options to choose from. These are:
• Café Uno, which is located by the lobby, offers lunch and breakfast buffet, and Ala Carte for dinner (open from 6 AM to 2 PM)
• Pizzaiolo is perfect romantic dinner by the gardens, and offers both Filipino and Western dishes (open from 9 AM to 11 PM)
• The classy Vinta Bar, which also has an open-mic karaoke system (open from 5 PM to 2 AM)
• Pool Aquarius, which serves meals by the main outdoor pool (open from 6 AM to 9 PM)
• The elegant La Parilla, which specializes in anything grilled (open from 6 PM to 11 PM)
Waterfront Insular has made my staycation the way it should be—relaxing, refreshing, and memorable. Although I went here for just two nights, I know for a fact that even families or business people would find their stay here very convenient and beautiful.
The hotel was in a world in its own, yet it blended so well with the culture of Davao that I love. I’ve tried staying in other Waterfront hotels in the country, and I can say for sure, like its other counterparts, that Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao deserves more than just 5 stars.
Waterfront Insular Hotel
Book Online via Agoda
Address: Lanang, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
Telephone Number: (082) 233 2881
- Ultimate List of the Best Hotels in Davao City
- Experience What Greece has to offer at the Waterfront Manila Pavilion
- Hotel Review: Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino Mactan
- The Davao Museum: Davao’s Little Cultural Gem
- Aliwagwag Falls Travel Guide: Amaze Yourself With This Wonderful Waterfall Destination
- Best Hostels in Davao City
- Hotel Review: Waterfront Pavilion Hotel and Casino Manila