9 Fun Activities at the Summer Siren Music Fest 2016
I found myself in Crystal Beach, Zambales last April 8-9. At a cottage all to myself, I realized this is different from the camping I’m used to in the mountains. Doesn’t matter, had fun right? Here are 9 fun activities I’ve had:
1. Attend a rave party by the beach with international and local DJs.
2. Flow, poi and fire dancing workshops.
After seeing fantastic performances like Flow Collective, I can get tips and tricks on getting into the craft myself.
3. Metabeats workshop with world class coaches – Jim and Toni Saret. I felt the burn well into the week.
4. Make your own art (watercolor, sand textile paint against a canvas). It’s the DIY adult coloring come to life!
5. Giant beer pong!
The 411 on this is you shoot the ball by volleying it to your opponent’s side of the net. The giant cups are filled with water though – who wants to waste beer eh? Oh and you can definitely do this alone or in teams!
6. Hydrate with free Nestea iced tea and buy a 1 liter tumbler.
40% of the proceeds are for a beach cleanup program in Boracay. Pick up the trash before making a splash, wise words indeed.
7. Get a different kind of hydration and get hammered with a number of Turtle Bar booths scattered around! Make fast friends with the bar tender? Check.
I had my Summer Siren tags loaded for this. If you forgot, there are tag re-loaders near the bars to the rescue! Talk about convenience and efficiency!
8. Watch the live performances from awesome artists like Cheats, She’s Only Sixteen, Moonstar 88, Ebe Dancel, Quest and many more.
9. Soak up some sun, waves and scenery! It is in a beach after all.
You can do all of the above and so much at the Summer Siren Music Festival. It’s a 3 day, 2 night event with Glamping sponsored by the Lifestyle Network, SMART and Travel Factor. There’s free wifi, thanks to the Smart booth and there’s 3G all over the resort.
The Summer Siren started back in 2014 and it’s been getting bigger and better each year. Heed the call of the sirens, see you next year.