LG G5 Launch in the Philippines
Table of Contents
LG Electronics blew away the Mobile World Congress, known as the “Oscars” in the mobile industry, held in February 2016 when it unveiled its LG G5 and Friends, the newest member of the multi-awarded G Series. The newcomer bagged an unprecedented 33 awards.
Now in the Philippines
Philippine mobile users first got a taste of the LG G5 and Friends during its launch at the Shangri-La at the Fort in April 2016, where industry experts discussed the many stellar features of the new offering. Among them were Mantosh Malhotra, regional head of Qualcomm Southeast Asia, who lauded its powerful hardware, while music DJ Jessica Milner and lifestyle blogger Chuckie Dreyfus raved about Hi-Fi Plus with BBO Play and the 360 CAM accessory, respectively.
Celebrity parents Doug and Cheska Kramer demonstrated the use of the Rolling Bot, and video blogger Will Dasovich talked about the CSR project he undertook in collaboration with LG for the benefit of the children at the Philippine Children Medical Center (PCMC). Their message was “Life’s Good When You Play More.” Others present at the launch were Ginger Conejero, Phil and James Younghusband, and many more.
Design and more
The LG G5 has a modular type design, a first in the industry, with a sleek metal aluminum body and removable battery. It comes with a host of accessories, dubbed “LG Friends,” the design makes it easy to transform it into a digital camera, Hi-Fi player, and others. It has two cameras, one of which has a 135-degree wide angle lens, another first in the industry, for more flexible image capture capacity. It also has film emulators such as the Auto Shot that can recognize the perfect selfie moment when it sees one, and captures it automatically.
The LG Playground
In keeping with the company’s shift in paradigm to one of fun, the LG G5 comes with a whole range of compatible devices identified as LG Friends to form an impressive smart phone network. This is the LG Playground, and it is quite wonderful.
- LG Cam Plus – this is a flexible camera module with physical control buttons that fits in the battery slot, turning the smart phone into a powerful standalone digital camera. It also boosts the phone’s battery life by 1,200mAh
- LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY – This Hi-Fi DAC audio player is portable, and works as both an LG Friend and a standalone Hi-Fi DAC when connected to a PC or other smart phone. It delivers high quality sounds, thanks to collaboration with B&O PLAY with its Scandinavian premium sound technology and design
- LG 360 VR – An LG playground would not be complete without a virtual reality goggle. It is lightweight, has a dedicated cable, simulates a 130” television at 669 ppi, and provides 360-degree view of any video or image captured using the LG 360 CAM or Google Cardboard content.
- LG 360 CAM – This small 360-degree angle camera has two wide angle cameras (13-megapixel 200-degree), three microphones, 1,200mAh battery and 4GB internal memory, expandable using a microSD card. It captures 2K video and 5.1 surround channel. You can upload images to Google Street View and YouTube360 so you can easily share them with other people.
- LG Rolling Bot – Forget about CCTV, this LG Friend captures images and videos with its 8 MP camera and works as a home monitoring system as well as a remote control for smart appliances. The IP camera is Wi-Fi connectable, so users can live stream whatever this rolling ball captures.
- LG Tone PlatinumTM – This Bluetooth headset (model HBS-1100), is the latest in the LG TONE Series and delivers sharp and clean sound. It has a Balanced Armature design for minimal distortion and equipped with aptX™ HDcodec for lossless 24-bit audio.
- H3 by B&O PLAY – If you like it wired, you have that option. These are high-end earphones compatible with the LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY
- LG Friends Manager – With so many devices, you need a hub application to connect easily with LG. It detects nearby LG Friends automatically, and connects quickly and easily.
As if all the above was not enough, LG G5 offers other revolutionary innovations perfect for the mobile lifestyle. This includes:
- Always-on Display – shows time and date even when in sleep mode
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor –64-bit performance, Adreno 530 graphics, 14-bit dual image signal processors, integrated X12 LTE modem
- aptX™ HD: 24-bit Hi-Fi Wireless Audio
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0
- Low Power Location Estimation (LPLE) Technology
How much is LG G5 in the Philippines
The price tag for the LG G5 in the Philippines is a reasonable PhP 34,990.00 and available in color pink, gray, titan, and gold.
You can visit lg.com/ph, follow @LGPhilippines on Twitter and Instagram, or like LG Mobile Philippines’ Facebook page for more playtime.