#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for August 10, 2019 (Saturday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several LGU’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Saturday, August 10, 2019, due to heavy monsoon rains which will prevail over some parts of the country.
Walang Pasok Updates: Agosto 10, Sabado
(As of 5:31 AM, August 10, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work Today:
- Valenzuela City – Daycare to Senior High School, public and private (source)
Schools and Universities
- PUP National Capital Region Branches and Campuses (including Open University, Graduate School and College of Law) are suspended starting 12:00 nn today (Bar Review Classes conducted by the PUP College of Law are not included in the cancellation)
Philippine Weather Updates
Southwest Monsoon affecting the whole country.
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 4:00 AM, 10, August 2019
Philippine Forecast Weather Conditions
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Metro Manila, Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, CALABARZON, Central Luzon, Batanes, and Babuyan Group of Islands||Monsoon Rains||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslides due light to moderate with at times heavy monsoon rains|
|The rest of Luzon||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslide due to scattered light to moderate rains|
|Visayas and Mindanao||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers and thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flash floods or landslide during severe thunderstorms|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Saturday, August 10, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to bad weather.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
- The complete list of Philippine Holidays and Long Weekends for 2019
- #WalangPasok: Class suspensions on Friday, August 9, 2019