Your Complete 2022 Travel Guide To Tagaytay City
Tagaytay City, Philippines — A component city in Cavite, Tagaytay is one of the country’s most renowned tourist spots. It has actually been a favorite destination, especially for the people from the Metro. An overlooking view of the beautiful Taal Lake and a pleasant temperature made this place the country’s second summer capital.
In this DIY Tagaytay City Travel Guide, our goal is to provide a useful and astonishing list of tourist spots to visit, recommended hotels, the right places to eat, how to get there, and other DIY traveler tips for first-time visitors to Tagaytay City.
- Getting There: Bus, Van
- Getting Around: Jeepneys, Tricycles
- Languages/Dialect: Tagalog, English
- Popular Tourist Spots: Picnic Grove, People’s Park in the Sky, Sky Ranch
- Must-Try Food: Bulalo, Crispy Tawilis
About the City of Tagaytay
Tagaytay became the hideaway of the revolutionaries from Laguna and Batangas and the other towns nearby during the Philippine revolution. Tagaytay was a vast stretch of forests during that time, making it an excellent place to hide for the revolutionaries. The “Katipuneros” called the area “Mananagaytay,” meaning crossing the ridges of Tagaytay.
Tagaytay was made into a chartered city on June 21, 1938, as signed by then-President Manuel L. Quezon through the Commonwealth Act of No. 338. This was a bill that was authored by Cavite Representative Justiniano S. Montano.
Best Time To Visit Tagaytay
Tagaytay can be best visited at any time of the year, but of course, it will depend on your preferred activities.
- March to June is considered the hottest months with an average temperature of 93°F or 33.88°C
- December to March is considered the Coldest months with an average temperature of 69°F or 20.56°C
- July to October is considered the rainy season, so avoid visiting the city if you plan to do adventure activities.
Weather in Tagaytay: The hottest weather in the city was every June with a 32C° average temperature, with the lowest recorded temperature of 5°C every February.
What are the travel guidelines and protocols to follow in Tagaytay?
Just like the rest of the country, everyone is required to wear a face mask in public areas. Some restaurants and establishments may require vaccination cards before you enter the premises. Tourists are still encouraged to practice social distancing and always bring hand sanitizers while traveling.
How To Get There
- If you’re planning to commute from Manila, you can ride DLTB Bus or San Agustin at the Buendia Terminal. Fare costs around Php80.00. There are daily public buses that ply the route to Tagaytay City from Manila.
- Several bus companies have their terminals in Cubao, EDSA, Pasay, and Baclaran, beside Coastal Mall Integrated Provincial Bus Terminal.
- Jeepneys from Cavite (Imus City, Dasmariñas City, Silang) to Nasugbu, Batangas, also pass by Tagaytay via the Aguinaldo Highway.
By Passenger Van
You can also hire a van. There’s a terminal in EGI Mall located at the LRT Buendia Station. Fare costs around Php180.00.
The South Luzon Expressway serves the city via Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road that passes Santa Rosa and Silang from Santa Rosa, and Eton City-ABI-Greenfield Exits Tagaytay-Calamba Road that passes Tagaytay Highlands and Calamba Premiere International Park from Batino Exit.
Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX or formerly, Coastal Road) also serves Tagaytay via the southbound Aguinaldo Highway. The future expressway to Tagaytay is Cavite-Tagaytay-Batangas Expressway (CTBEx) connects with the proposed Cavite-Laguna Expressway from CAVITEx-Kawit up to SLEx-Mamplasan.
From Batangas, Tagaytay’s main route is either Ligaya Drive, a winding road that starts near the Poblacion of Talisay. It ends near the Tagaytay Picnic Grove, Talisay-Tagaytay Road, a 12-kilometer (7.5 mi) road Lemery-Agoncillo-Laurel-Talisay Road to Tagaytay Rotunda.
From Laguna, the main route is the Santa Rosa-Tagaytay Road from Santa Rosa City, and another way is Tagaytay-Calamba Road (via Tagaytay Highlands) from Calamba Premiere International Park at Calamba City.
Getting Around The City
If you didn’t bring your own car, you could get around by riding the jeepney or tricycle. Just tell the driver where you’re supposed to alight.
Where To Stay
Discovery Country Suites
Discovery Country Suites is one of the favorites among Tagaytay goers. It has an excellent rating from the travelers that have stayed here. The hotel has large rooms and a breathtaking view of the famous Taal lake.
Address: 300 Calamba Road, San Jose, Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
Phone: (02) 529 8172
Taal Vista Hotel
A historic hotel with a splendid view, thus making it a favorite among visitors, is also ranked as excellent among its visitors. Also, see Taal Vista Hotel: An Overwhelming Wonder in Tagaytay.
Address: Kilometer 60, Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay, 4120
Phone: (046) 413 1000
Mountain Breeze Hostel
This was rated as a perfect hostel for being a nice place to stay; the staff are hot and accommodating. It is also very affordable and will fit the budget traveler.
Address: 730-B Tagaytay – Calamba Rd, Tagaytay, Cavite
Phone: 0949 992 3123
Country Living Hostel
The place is well maintained according to travelers, and the staff are very courteous too.
Address: 231 Foggy Heights Subdivision, Emilio Aguinaldo Highway (new Metrobank Olivarez), Tagaytay, 4120
Phone: 0917 826 7491
Summit Ridge Hotel
Summit Ridge Hotel stands grand at 2,000 feet above sea level and is a nine-story deluxe hotel good enough to fascinate visitors. The construction of the hotel overlooks Tagaytay’s major tourist attraction spot, Taal Volcano and lake.
Address: Km. 58 Gen. Aguinaldo Highway, Maharlika West,, Tagaytay, 4120 Cavite
Phone: (02) 240 6888
- Anya Resorts and Residences
- Real Eco Living at Eco Hotel Tagaytay
- Tagaytay Hotels with the Highest Traveler Ratings
- Why Your Kids Would Love The Kimberly Hotel in Tagaytay
- Check Out This List of Best Tagaytay Luxury Hotels
Good Eats in Tagaytay
Barracks Food Park
If you’re one for delicious and affordable food with a live band, this is the perfect place for you. Being a food park, it has several food stalls that offer various choices, from the favorite Pinoy street food isaw to burgers and even the famous Bulalo. This is located near Sky Ranch.
Bag Of Beans
This is one famous favorite among travelers in Tagaytay. You’ll be going out of the restaurant feeling more than satisfied and would be planning to come back next time you go to Tagaytay. There are several branches of Bag of Beans in Tagaytay that you can choose from.
Fire Lake Grill
This restaurant offers American and other international cuisines. People who drop by here for a meal leave the restaurant very much satisfied. This is located in the Cliffhouse, Tagaytay.
Mahogany Market Eateries
Your Tagaytay tour will not be complete without visiting this local Market. Located on the Mahogany Market’s second floor, there are several eateries to choose from, offering the famous Tagaytay Bulalo, Crispy Tawilis, Sinaing na Tulingan, and other local cuisines.
- Taza Fresh Table: Tagaytay’s New Delight
- Happy Tummy Overload! : Top 10 Must-Try Restaurants in Tagaytay
- Veranda: The Newest Food Destination in Tagaytay
- Must-Try Restaurants in Tagaytay
Best Things To Do and See in Tagaytay
The best thing to do when you’re in Tagaytay is to enjoy the sceneries to the fullest. There are several spots in Tagaytay that every vacationer shouldn’t miss.
Puzzle Mansion Bed & Breakfast
If you are an art lover, visiting this specialty museum will be an unforgettable and absolutely fantastic experience. You will be amazed by the beautiful works of art that you will find here. There’s a coffee shop too.
Location: Brgy Asian, Tagaytay City 4120
Telephone: (02) 661 0019 / 0905-225-0229
Entrance Fees: P100 per person
Our Lady Of Manaoag at Tierra de Maria
A very solemn place which is jam-packed with devotees during holidays and weekends, some even claim to have seen an apparition of the Blessed Mother.
Location: Tagaytay – Calamba Rd, Barangay Sungay South, Tagaytay, Cavite
Sky Ranch is an amusement park that you can say is perfect for the entire family. All the rides are truly enjoyable, and every peso you will spend is definitely worth it.
Address: Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway, Kaybagal South, Tagaytay, Cavite
Operating Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Friday | 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays.
Telephone: 0921 323 3389
Entrance Fee: Official Sky Ranch tickets are sold at the park’s entrance ONLY.
Weekdays (Monday to Friday) – Php80.00
Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) and Holidays – Php100.00
Free entrance for children 3ft and below
Another must-visit tourist spot in Tagaytay. This place has several food establishments that you will truly love, and not only that, one of the highlights of the place is the amazing view.
For more unique places to visit in Tagaytay, check out our: Top 10 Things To Do and See in Tagaytay City.
Where To Shop For Souvenirs
Your Tagaytay road trip will not be complete without buying souvenirs and pasalubong for your friends and family. Here are some of our recommended places for pasalubong shopping:
If you love sweets, then don’t forget to drop by at Rowena’s before heading home. You will find several kinds of pastillas, pies, and many more.
They also offer pies, pastries, organic produce, and even freshly baked bread.
Famous for its Ube Jam, which is such a delight to the palette and buko pie, both of which you will truly love.
Looking for the best places to visit in Tagaytay for couples? Although there are times that this place is crowded, many travelers still find this place a relaxing spot. There are several souvenir shops here. If you’re planning to bring home some shirts and other souvenirs, then you must not forget to go here.
Address: Tagaytay Picnic Grove Complex, Barangay Sungay East-End, Cavite
Phone: (046) 413 4206
Tagaytay Travel Tips
Don’t forget to bring your cardigan or jacket for it can get really cold in Tagaytay. If you’re spending the night, you have to make sure that you bring some clothes and toiletries with you.
Always keep safe and enjoy the place to the fullest.
Tagaytay City Travel and Tour Packages
Tagaytay Day Tour
- Take a quick road trip to the picturesque city of Tagaytay.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the serene Taal Lake and Taal Volcano from various viewpoints.
- Visit the Gingerbread House, Sonya’s Garden, Mahogany Market, Good Shepherd, Picnic Grove, and more!
- Experience a hassle-free tour in an air-conditioned bus and learn about the city from your travel guide.
BOOK THIS TOUR
Nurture Wellness Village Spa Experience in Tagaytay
- Visit Nurture Wellness Village, named one of the 28 Most Relaxing Spas in Asia by CNN Go.
- Experience the spa’s distinctive brand of ecotherapy or healing by and through nature.
- Choose from a roster of unique Filipino wellness experiences amid native Ifugao huts and locally themed decor.
BOOK THIS SPA TREATMENT
Qiwellness Living Spa and Dining Experience
- Visit Qi Wellness Spa, a relaxing spa located on the ridge of Tagaytay overlooking Taal Lake.
- Enjoy exclusive use of the Yin and Yang pool before your revitalizing massage of choice.
- Choose between 3 signature Qiwellness massages: Silk, Deep Tissue, and Qiharmony massage treatment.
- Cap off your spa experience with a visit to the Qiwellness Teahouse, where tea and Dimsum await you.
BOOK THIS SPA AND DINING EXPERIENCE
Taal Private Hike from Manila
Itching for an adventure? Look no further and book this private day tour of Tagaytay and Taal Volcano! Hike your way up to 311 meters above sea level and discover Taal Volcano’s magnificent crater.
Have you been to Tagaytay? Help us improve this 2022 Travel Guide to Tagaytay Blog by sharing your personal Tagaytay travel tips and recommendations.
Originally Published on Dec 29, 2017, this 2022 Tagaytay Travel Guide was last updated in December 2021.
- Best Romantic Hotels In Tagaytay City
- 5 Out Of Manila Road Trip Destinations
- Little Known Facts About Tagaytay
Do you have a Pinterest account? Please pin this post.