Coron and Busuanga Palawan Travel Protocols, Tourist Requirements, and Guidelines
Tourist destinations around the Philippines are slowly opening their doors to tourists as travel restrictions are eased. However, it’s not the same as before–more requirements and stricter safety measures are being implemented to ensure the safety and wellbeing of locals and tourists who want to go on a quick getaway that we all dearly missed.
Here’s the complete list of Coron, Palawan travel requirements for tourists:
- Negative results of either a swab-based RT-PCR test or saliva-based RT-PCR test administered by the Philippine Red Cross and taken within 24-72 hours
- Confirmed booking at DOT Accredited Accommodation Establishment
(please check at www.corontourism.ph)
- Confirmed booking with licensed Tour Agencies (please check at www.corontourism.ph)
- Roundtrip ticket
- Health Declaration Form (please check at www.corontourism.ph)
- QR Code
If you’re planning to go on a quick trip to the best summer destination in the Philippines that is Coron, Palawan, here are a few things you should take note of:
BEFORE THE TRIP
- Secure Hotel and Tour bookings only on DOT-accredited accommodations and tour operators. Make sure to have a copy of your itinerary.
- Undergo an RT-PCR test within 48-72 hours before your flight to Coron.
- Register on CoronTourism.ph Health Declaration forms to get your personal QR code before departure.
- Scan the QR code located at the arrival area (Make sure to download the Traze.ph app prior to your arrival.
- Undergo a health assessment at the triage at Francisco B. Reyes airport.
- If symptomatic: tourists will be required to pay for an antigen test.
- If positive: tourist will be sent to the hotel they booked
- If negative: tourists may continue with their itinerary.
REQUIREMENTS TO BRING
- Negative RT-PCR test with an official receipt
- Confirmation letter from hotel and agency
- Confirmed roundtrip tickets
- Coron QR Code
Source: https://corontourism.ph/covid-19-travel-advisory/ (Requirements Retrieved January 21, 2021. Visit this page for updates)
After you’ve prepared and passed all the requirements, you can now enjoy your trip to Palawan–with social distancing and masks, of course! To make your trip hassle-free, here are some accommodation and spots that you might want to check out in Coron:
ACTIVITIES TO DO IN CORON
Relax at Maquinit Hot Springs
This natural saltwater hot spring is perfect for those looking for a healing and relaxing vacation, with its health benefits that you can get from their pools. Its natural charm complements the soothing experience one can get here. Tip: end your day with a dip in the pool to relax your tired muscles!
Hike at Mt. Tapyas
What better way to see the spectacular view of Coron but atop Mt. Tapyas? Best visited by sunset, Mt. Tapyas is a beginner-friendly hike to a 210-meter mountain that will give you a breathtaking nature view. Wear comfortable attire and shoes for a pleasurable experience!
Swim at the Kayangan Lake
If there’s a photo that would very much remind you of Coron, it would be the crystal clear lake called Kayangan.
To get here, you’ll need to ride a boat. Most island-hopping tours include Kayangan Lake in the itinerary, so don’t fret. Here, you can swim, snorkel, and take beautiful photos at the Kayangan view deck.
Snorkel at Twin Lagoon
If you were on an island-hopping tour, it would be impossible to miss Twin Lagoon. Aptly named so, these two huge rock towers are where cold freshwater meets hot seawater that’s a fun experience to try when swimming around the lagoon.
Boats dock on the first lagoon, and to get to the second one, you need to climb up a ladder during high tide or walk under a hole on a rock during low tide.
Have Lunch at Banol Beach
Banol Beach is the usual lunch spot of island hopping tours. It’s a small stretch of white sand beach surrounded by gigantic limestone cliffs to decorate the view.
There are a few huts there where fresh seafood and your choice of lunch is served. You may enjoy swimming by the beach too if you’d want to swim right after a sumptuous feast!
Enjoy the Underwater View at Siete Picados
This spot is where you can best see the underwater species that Coron has to offer. Here, you’ll see spectacular coral reefs, colorful fishes, turtles, and more!
Wear your snorkel and goggles to get a better view and say hello to the beautiful underwater creatures at Siete Picados!
Feed Animals at Calauit Island
They say Calauit ISland gives you a glimpse of Africa, and true enough, you’ll find most animals that you’ve only seen in a book in here.
Meet giraffes, zebras, deers and interact with them as you enjoy a fun visit to this safari park!
Discover Black Island
This mysterious island is known to be one of the best cliff-jumping spots in Coron. Aside from the beach and the crisp white strip of sand by the shore, you’ll be fascinated with the caves where you can explore rock formations best illuminated by natural light. If you’re an adventure seeker, go here, and you won’t regret it.
Sunbathe at North Cay Island
This small island has become a favorite among repeat tourists due to its peaceful and quiet setting. It’s not as crowded as other islands, plus you can still see underwater creatures and enjoy sunbathing at the beautiful white sand beach.
To top it off, sunset and sunrise are much more breathtaking when you’re at North Cay Island.
PLACES TO STAY IN CORON
Sunlight Guest Hotel Coron
Location: National Road, Barangay Tagumpay, Coron, Palawan
If you’re looking for hotels in Coron with a convenient location, this is one of your best choices. Aside from its stunning yellow building, this hotel is great because of its proximity to tourist attractions near the town center. It has a Southern Europe vibe, which will make your stay in this accommodation all the more memorable.
Funny Lion Coron
Location: Sitio Jolo, Poblacion 5, Coron, Palawan
For those who want a bit more privacy for their hideaway, Funny Lion would be the best option for you. Funny Lion Coron boasts of its overlooking view of the islands on their pool and bar area on the third floor.
They have three types of accommodation for every traveler. Hungry? They serve delicious meals too at their in-house restaurant called Hunt.
Bacau Bay Resort
Location: Governor’s Drive, Sitio Jolo, Poblacion 5, Coron, 5316 Palawan
Got a bit more budget for your Palawan trip? Bacau Bay Resort is perfect for those willing to splurge for their vacay.
This modern luxury resort offers comfort and convenience to tourists who would like to make the most out of their Coron trip. With 80 hotel rooms and an exclusive private pier, you’ll feel like a VIP in this upscale resort.
Darayonan Lodge Coron
Location: No. 132, National Highway, Barangay 1, Poblacion, Coron, Palawan, Philippines, 5316
Budget-friendly tourists can never go wrong with Darayonan Lodge. This rustic lodge offers a homey ambiance at the heart of Coron. They have 20 rooms, a cafe, a poolside bar, and an arts and crafts souvenir shop. They also offer tour packages for you to enjoy as you visit Coron.
*Please note that not all DOT accredited hotels and resorts are allowed to operate and accept guests.
List of Hotels and Resorts with Certificate of Authority to Operate in Coron and Busuanga
- Coron Soleil Garden Resort [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- Soleil Multi Ventures Corp.
- CORON WESTOWN RESORT [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- CLUB PARADISE PALAWAN [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- DISCOVERY ISLAND AND DIVE CENTER [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- ONE AVEREE BAY HOTEL [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- BAY AREA LODGE
- DARAYONAN LODGE [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- CORON PARADISE BED & BREAKFAST [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- BUSUANGA BAY LODGE [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- TWO SEASONS BAYSIDE CORON [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- THE RIDGE CORON [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- TWO SEASONS ISLAND RESORT [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- KALAW LODGING HOME
- R2R BAYVIEW INN
- THE RIVER HOUSE CORON [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- SUNLIGHT GUEST HOTEL INC. [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- ECIST ISLE INC.
- VELA TERRACES HOTEL [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- CORTO DEL MAR, INC. [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- SUNVALLEY TOURIST INN [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- BACAU BAY RESORT CORP. [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- PAOLYN FLOATING HOUSE AND RESTAURANT [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- THE FUNNY LION [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- ACACIA GARDEN INN [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- LUIS BAY TRAVELLERS LODGE [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- MOUNTAIN VIEW GARDEN INN
- KING MICHAEL HOTEL
- CORON HILLTOP VIEW RESORT [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- LA ESTANCIA BUSUANGA [Click here for rates, and room availability]
- WHITE SUMMERVILLE TOURIST INN
- MARINA DEL SOL INTERNATIONAL RESORT AND YACHT CLUB BUSUANGA [Click here for rates, and room availability]
Where to book Coron Tour Packages?
One of the travel requirements before you travel to Coron is a confirmed booking or itinerary. This will be checked during airport check-in and upon arrival at Coron Airport. Please be reminded that you can only book with DOT accredited travel and tour operators. Here’s our recommended Coron tour company:
Blue Lagoon Adventure Travel and Tours
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Mobile: 09178581799 / 099999983421
List of DOT Accredited Tour Operators in Coron and Busuanga
- CALAMIAN TRAVEL AND TOURS
- NATURE’S WAY TRAVEL AND TOURS
- JY TRAVEL AND TOURS
- BLUE LAGOON ADVENTURE TRAVEL AND TOURS
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I follow my own DIY Coron Tour Itinerary?
All leisure travelers are required to follow the itinerary provided by a DOT-Accredited Tour Operator in Coron. If there’s an emergency need to buy something from a grocery or drug store, you need to coordinate it with the hotel’s front desk.
Can we dine in local restaurants outside our hotel?
Tourists may dine in any operating local restaurants provided that they follow dining protocols. Travelers are required to coordinate with their hotel front desk and tour operator prior to visiting local restaurants. Guests are required to wear face masks, face shields and observe social distancing before they enter the restaurant’s facility. Please be reminded that most tourism establishments are operating at a limited capacity and operation hours is until 9pm only due to strict implementation of local curfew.
Are you ready to resume your travel goals this 2021? Make sure to always follow safety protocols while you enjoy your trip to Coron! Safe travels!