’Hidden Gem’ in San Quintin, Pangasinan Becomes an Upcoming Tourists Spot this Coming Summer Season
San Quintin, Pangasinan, Philippines — The much-awaited summer season of the Philippines is almost here. Families and friends are already planning when their next trip to somewhere cool will be.
Looking for new places to visit this summer? Don’t forget to include Dipalo River in Barangay Nangapugan, San Quintin, Pangasinan on your list. Apart from being a destination for the budget conscious, the river is also still in the raw form that it is tagged as an ‘upcoming tourist attraction’.
The total length of the river is 6 kilometers and the local tourism allocates 1 kilometer for the use of tourists. The water of the river comes from the Caraballo Mountains of Nueva Vizcaya.
It’s a popular place to hang out and tourists can have a picnic and of course, enjoy the cool water of the river. There are some nipa huts that serve as resting places for the tourists by the river bank.
Adventurous souls can also trek the river upstream and discover some hidden gems like Katukakan Falls, Dipalo Falls, and Kalipkip Falls. There is no official trail at the area so tourists can ask for assistance from the local tourism if they want to hike around the area.
Dipalo River Entrance Fee
Starting in April, there will be an environmental fee of Php10 per person in the area. Since the river is still in its immaculate form, the local tourism pushes for their cleanliness drive. This means that they regularly collect garbage and maintain the area. Don’t let the chance pass up this summer. Go to San Quintin, Pangasinan and visit Dipalo River while it is still in its virgin form.
How to Get to Dipalo River
- You can reach it by taking the 5 Star Bus in at LRT Doroteo Jose-Recto, Station Walkway/Rizal Avenue Intersection, Manila. This will take you to Tayug, Pangasinan.
- Travel time is about 5 hours. After you’ve arrived in Tayug, you can ask the locals where you can take the ride going to San Quintin, Pangasinan where Dipalo River is located.
- Ultimate List of the Best Beach Resorts in Pangasinan (UPDATED)
- 15 Best Beaches in Pangasinan
- Our Bus Ride to Bolinao, Pangasinan
- 5 Interesting Things to do and see in Bolinao Pangasinan