#WalangPasok: Class cancellations on August 15, 2018 (Wednesday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several LGU’s and Schools in Luzon have suspended classes on Wednesday, August 15 due to heavy rainfall and flash floods brought about by the enhanced southwest monsoon or hanging “Habagat.”
#WalangPasok Announcements – Class suspensions for August 15
(As of 8:20 PM, August 14, 2018) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Tuesday:
- Malabon City – only schools in Barangay Dampalit, public and private (source)
- Marikina City – All Levels, private and public schools (source)
- Dagupan City – All Levels, private and public schools, until Wednesday, August 15 (source)
- Narvacan, Ilocos Sur – All Levels, private and public schools (source)
- Binmaley, Pangasinan – All Levels, private and public schools (source)
- Lingayen, Pangasinan – All Levels, private and public schools (source)
Cordillera Administrative Region
- Itogon, Benguet – preschool to senior high school (public and private) (source)
- Kabayan, Benguet – preschool to senior high school (public and private) (source)
- Kapangan, Benguet – preschool to senior high school (public and private) (source)
- Kibungan, Benguet – All Levels, private and public schools (source)
- La Trinidad, Benguet – preschool to senior high school (public and private) (source)
- Angeles City – all levels, public and private (source)
- Pampanga Province – all levels, public and private (source)
- Rodriguez, Rizal – all levels, public and private (source)
- San Mateo, Rizal – preschool to senior high school, public and private (source)
- Entire Province of Pampanga – Apalit, Angeles City, Arayat, Bacolor, Candaba, Floridablanca, Guagua, Lubao, Mabalacat, Macabebe, Magalang, Masantol, Mexico, Minalin, Porac, San Fernando, San Luis, San Simon, Santa Ana, Santa Rita, Santo Tomas, and Sasmuan. (No classes in all levels, public and private schools)
Schools, Universities, and Colleges
- No announcements yet as of this writing
Southwest Monsoon Update by PAGASA issued at 12:00AM, 14 August 2018
Rainfall Warning No. 13 FINAL
Weather System: Southwest Monsoon
Light to moderate rainfall was observed over Metro Manila, Bataan, Zambales, Batangas, and Bulacan for the past 1 hour. With this development, HEAVY RAINFALL WARNING over these areas has been TERMINATED.
Light to moderate with occasional heavy rains still affecting Zambales, Bataan, Bulacan, Tarlac and Nueva Ecija which may persist within 1-2 hours. Expect light to moderate with occasional heavy rains over Metro Manila, Cavite, and Pampanga within the next 1-2 hours.
The public and the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Offices concerned are still advised to MONITOR the weather condition.
|FORECAST WEATHER CONDITIONS|
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused by||Impacts|
|Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Batanes, Babuyan Group of Islands, Zambales, Bataan, and Occidental Mindoro||Monsoon Rains||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flooding and landslides due to moderate to occasional heavy rains|
|Metro Manila and the rest of Central Luzon and CALABARZON||Occasional Rains||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flooding and landslides due to scattered rains and thunderstorms|
|The rest of Luzon||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rains or thunderstorms||Southwest Monsoon||Possible flooding and landslides due to scattered rains and thunderstorms|
|Visayas and Mindanao||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rain showers||Localized thunderstorms||Possible flash floods and landslides due to moderate to occasionally heavy rains or thunderstorms|
|FORECAST WIND AND COASTAL WATER CONDITIONS|
|Western and northern sections of Luzon||Strong to Gale||Southwest||Rough to Very Rough|
(2.6 – 4.5 m)
|The rest of the country||Moderate to Strong||Southwest||Moderate to Rough|
(1.2 – 3.4 m)
#WalangPasok: Agosto 15, Miyerkules
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
- Plan Early: Philippine Holidays for 2018
- #WalangPasok: No Classes on August 21, 22 and 27, 2018 Special non-working & Regular Holidays