#WalangPasok: Class cancellations on July 24, 2018 (Tuesday)
Table of Contents
(Manila, Philippines) – Class and work suspensions on Tuesday, July 24, 2018, are announced at certain affected areas by Local Government Units (LGUs) due to inclement weather conditions brought by southwest monsoon or “Habagat” intensified by Tropical Depression Josie or “Bagyong Josie”.
(As of 12:25 AM, July 24, 2018) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Tuesday:
- Valenzuela City – selected daycare centers and schools only (Daycare: Isla, Balangkas, Coloong, Palasan, Polo, Mabolo, Esteban North – Dalandanan III, Esteban South – Dalandanan II) (Elementary and Secondary School: Pio Valenzuela ES, Coloong ES, Tagalag ES, A. Deato ES, Isla ES, Polo National High School)
- Bayambang, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Binmaley, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Bugallon, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Calasiao, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Dagupan City – all levels, public and private schools until July 25
- Labrador, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Lingayen, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Malasiqui, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Sta Barbara, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Sual, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Urbiztondo, Pangasinan – all levels, public and private
- Masantol, Pampanga – all levels, public and private, until Friday, July 27
- Calumpit, Bulacan – all levels, public and private schools
- Apalit, Pampanga – selected schools only (Paligui Elementary School, Fausto Gonzales Sioco Memorial Elementary School, Sampaga Elementary School, Sampaloc Elementary School)
- Arayat, Pampanga – all levels in selected barangays only (public and private)
- Candaba, Pampanga – all levels in barangays in the Poblacion area only (public and private)
- San Luis, Pampanga – all levels in selected barangays only (public and private) (San Juan, San Nicolas, Sta Monica, San Agustin, Sta Rita, Sto Tomas, Sta Cruz Poblacion, San Sebastian, Sta Catalina, Sta Cruz Pambilog, Sto Rosario)
- La Paz, Tarlac – all levels, public and private
- Olongapo City – all levels, public and private
- Subic, Zambales – all levels, public and private
- San Jose, Occidental Mindoro – all levels, public and private schools
- Entire Province of Bataan – Abucay, Bagac, Balanga, Dinalupihan, Hermosa, Limay, Mariveles, Morong, Orani, Orion, Pilar, and Samal. – all levels, public and private schools
Schools and Universities and Colleges
- No announcements yet as of this writing
Tropical Depression Josie Updates
Tropical Depression Josie Update by PAGASA issued at 5:00 PM, 22 July 2018
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “JOSIE” CONTINUES TO MOVE NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD OVER THE PHILIPPINE SEA TOWARDS SOUTHERN RYUKYUS.
- All Tropical Cyclone Warning Signals have been lifted.
- The Southwest Monsoon (Habagat) will continue to bring scattered to widespread monsoon rains over Metro Manila, Ilocos Region, Cordillera Administrative Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA and Western Visayas. Residents of these areas, especially those living near river channels, in low-lying areas and in mountainous areas, are still advised to take appropriate actions against possible flooding and landslide, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices and continue monitoring for updates.
- Sea travel remains risky over the northern seaboard of Northern Luzon.
- “JOSIE” may exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility between tonight and tomorrow (23 July) morning.
|Location of eye/center:||At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression JOSIE was estimated based on all available data at 330 km North Northeast of Basco, Batanes (23.0 °N, 123.6 °E)|
|Strength:||Maximum sustained winds of 55 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 65 kph|
|Forecast Movement:||moving North-Northeast at 25|
No Classes / Class Suspensions for July 24, 2018
Department of Education (DepEd) class suspension guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Bookmark and refresh this page for a list of areas and schools where classes have been suspended for July 24, 2018, Tuesday.