#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for September 13, 2019 (Friday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units’s and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Friday, September 13, 2019, due to the inclement weather caused by Tropical Depression Marilyn.
Walang Pasok Updates: Setyempre 13, Biyernes
(As of 8:01 pm, Sept 12, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work Tomorrow:
- Aglipay, Quirino – preschool to senior high school, public and private (source)
- Diffun, Quirino – all levels, public and private
- Saguday, Quirino – all levels, public and private
- San Quintin, Pangasinan – preschool to elementary, public and private
- Zamboanga City – all levels, public and private
Philippine Weather / Tropical Depression Marilyn Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 11:00 PM, 12, Sept 2019
Synopsis:°At 3:00 PM°today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARILYN” was estimated based on all available data at 1,265 km East of Casiguran, Aurora (18.0°N, 133.9°E) with maximum sustained winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 70 km/h. It is moving West°Northwest at 25 km/h.
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Metro Manila and the rest of the country||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||TD -Marilyn-||Possible flash floods or landslides due to occasional heavy rains|
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
TROPICAL DEPRESSION MARILYN MAINTAINS ITS STRENGTH AS IT MOVES NORTHWESTWARD.
- Tonight until tomorrow evening, the combined effects of Tropical Depression “MARILYN” and Southwest Monsoon will bring moderate to intermittent heavy rains over Aurora, Palawan, Western Visayas, and the Zamboanga Peninsula. Light to moderate rains and occasional heavy rain showers (during thunderstorms) may prevail over Metro Manila, Bangsamoro, Northern Mindanao, SOCCSKSARGEN, and the rest of Luzon and Visayas. Residents of these areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to floods and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small seacrafts, over the central and eastern seaboards of Visayas and the seaboards of Mindanao due to potentially rough sea condition.
- “MARILYN” is less likely to make landfall in the country throughout the forecast period.
Location of Eye/Center
At 10:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARILYN” was estimated based on all available data at 1,175 km East Northeast of Casiguran, Aurora or 1,165 km East of Basco, Batanes (18.7 °N, 132.9 °E )
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Friday, September 13, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to inclement weather.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
- The complete list of Philippine Holidays and Long Weekends for 2019