#WalangPasok: Work and Class cancellations for November 20, 2019 (Wednesday)
Table of Contents
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Thursday, November 21, 2019, due to inclement weather brought about by Severe Tropical Storm Sarah (Kalmaegi).
Walang Pasok Updates: Nobyembre 21, Huwebes
(As of 2:01pm, Nov 20, 2019) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Thursday:
- Cagayan province (pre-school to kindergarten)
- Calumpit, Bulacan (all levels)
- Angeles City, Pampanga (pre-school to senior high school)
- San Rafael, Bulacan (pre-school to elementary)
Philippine Weather Severe Tropical Storm Sarah Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 8:00 PM, 18, Nov 2019
TROPICAL STORM “RAMON” CONTINUES TO REMAIN ALMOST STATIONARY AND FURTHER INCREASE THE THREAT OVER BABUYAN ISLANDS
- Rainfall outlook for today (Tuesday): Moderate with frequent heavy rains over Batanes, the northern portion of Cagayan including the Babuyan Islands, Apayao and the northern portion of Ilocos Norte. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over the northern portion of Isabela, Kalinga, Abra and the rest of Cagayan and Ilocos Sur.
- Rainfall outlook for tomorrow (Wednesday): Light to moderate with occasional heavy rains over Batanes, northern portion of Cagayan including the Babuyan Islands, and Apayao. Light to moderate with intermittent heavy rains over Isabela, the rest of Cagayan, northern portion of Aurora, Kalinga, and Ilocos Norte.
- Possible Storm surge height in surge prone areas of up to 2 meters in La Union and Pangasinan.
- Residents in the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take appropriate actions, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
- Sea travel is risky, especially for small sea crafts, over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, the seaboard of southern Isabela, and the western seaboard of Zambales and Bataan due to prevailing or forecast rough sea conditions.
- “RAMON” is forecast to make landfall over the Babuyan Islands between the afternoon and evening today. Due to the land interaction and the Northeast Monsoon, this typhoon is forecast to weaken following landfall.
- At 1:00 PM today, the Low-Pressure Area (LPA) was estimated at 670 km East of Borongan City, Eastern Samar (12.5°N, 131.7°E). This weather disturbance is expected to develop into a Tropical Depression within 12 hours.
Location of Eye/center
At 1:00 PM today, the eye of Typhoon “RAMON” was located based on all available data at 120 km East of Calayan, Cagayan (19.2 °N, 122.6 °E )
Philippine Weather Condition Forecast
- 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): 175 km West of Dagupan City, Pangasinan(15.8°N, 118.7°E)
- 48 Hour (Thursday morning):95 km Northwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(11.6°N, 113.5°E)
|Place||Weather Condition||Caused By||Impacts|
|Cagayan, Batanes, Isabela, Apayao, Kalinga and Ilocos Provinces||Stormy||TY -Ramon-||Possible floodings or landslides. Moderate to heavy damage due to strong winds.|
|The rest of Cordillera Administrative Region and of Ilocos Region||Occasional rains with gusty winds||TY -Ramon-||Possible floodings or landslides. Very light to light damage due to strong winds.|
|Aurora province and the rest of Cagayan Valley||Cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms||TY – Ramon-||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms.|
|Metro Manila and the rest of the country||Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers||Localized Thunderstorms||Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms.|
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Thursday, November 21, 2019, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.