Walang Pasok: Work and Class cancellations for January 31, 2020 (Friday)
(Manila, Philippines) – Several Private Schools and Colleges in Metro Manila announced class suspension due to the novel coronavirus or 2019-nCoV. Here is a list of schools and areas where classes have been suspended for Friday, January 31, 2020.
A few days ago, the Department of Health confirmed the first case of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). The country’s first 2019-nCoV case is a 38-year-old Chinese woman who arrived in the Philippines via Hong Kong Last January 21, 2020, from Wuhan, China.
According to World Health Organization, Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Walang Pasok Updates: Enero 31, 2020 Biyernes
(As of 12:01pm, January 30, 2020) Here’s an updated list of schools that canceled classes on Jan 31:
Private Schools in Metro Manila
- Chiang Kai Shek College – suspended until February 8
- Hope Christian High School – class resumption on February 10
- Philippine Cultural College
- St. Jude Catholic School – class resumption on February 8
- St. Stephen’s High School – class resumption on February 10
- Tiong Se Academy – class resumption on February 3
- Uno High School – suspended until February 8
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
- DepEd Calls on parents to determine whether their children should go to school during typhoons, floods and other calamities in the absence of official announcements from DepEd.
- In the absence of storm signal warnings, LGU are expected to announce whole day class cancellations not later than 4:30AM or half-day class suspensions not later than 11:00AM.
- Storm signal warning declared by PAGASA between 10:00pm and 4:30AM reflect the whole day cancellation of classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
- Storm signal warnings declared by PAGASA by 11:00AM automatically suspend the same day’s afternoon classes in appropriate levels in the affected areas.
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Walang Pasok Updates: Some Classes for January 31, 2020, have been canceled in some areas due to novel coronavirus.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
Searching for the best hotels and affordable flights? Check out our complete list of affordable hotels and resorts via Agoda or you may also see available Airbnb properties in the city.