Hiking Trails: Mt. Pamitinan
Addicted to selfies or perhaps you just enjoy reliving adventures through photographs? How about those vertigo inducing posts you have a love-hate reaction to?
Mount Pamitinan is the place to be to get those Instagram and #vertigo worthy shots. See for yourself.
This mountain is reminiscent of coral formations or even shark teeth which make you think that this might have been underwater hundreds of years ago to form the way it did. It is at the foothills of the Sierra Madre range in Barangay San Rafael, Rodriguez (formerly Montalban), Rizal. The major jumpoff is at Brgy. Wawa, Rodriguez, Rizal. The terrain is mostly limestone formations which will lead you to a spectacular view of the Rizal province, the Wawa Dam and the Sierra Madre when you reach the summit.
Just a few things to remember when climbing Mt. Pamitinan:
- Bring gloves – as the terrain is mostly limestone, it’s hard to grip on the stones or the rope with just your bare hands.
- Wear proper footwear. The jagged rocks here are no joke.
- Pack light and smart – you need both hands to maneuver your way to the summit. This is not a 4/9 for nothing after all.
- Bring a helmet if you’re caving. We weren’t able to do that when we visited.
- Waterproof your belongings just in case. Food is served at Wawa Falls for that scenic appeal.
If you’re a weekend warrior like me, it’s very convenient to scale this baby as it’s just an hour and half from the metro. With convenience in mind, I together with a colleague went with Trail Adventours who made the climb more fun. Thanks to SmartbroTrips, uploading our adventure online got more interesting in real-time.
All those memories, fun and new friends – it’s a fantastic day hike, VIA (Vertigo Inducing Attraction) and a bang for the buck. The challenge of the hike would make me want to visit again but not in the near future. Till next time and safe travels!
Enjoy 20% off on the most exciting Smart Bro Trips if you’re a Smart Bro Pocket WiFi subscriber! Book with Travel Factor and Trail Adventours now! For more information about #SmartBroTrips and Trail Adventours, go to smrt.ph/smartbrotrips. Also, check out http://smart.com.ph/bro for Smart Bro’s latest line-up of gadgets and services.