Guide to Getting Digital Vaccine Certificate in the Philippines via VaxCertPH
Team Out of Town Blog Hub (www.outoftownblog.com) – Millions of Filipinos have gotten their Covid-19 vaccination to protect themselves and prevent the spread of the virus. Since the pandemic has hit globally, getting fully vaccinated is necessary and required to travel abroad. That’s why to help Filipinos who are traveling abroad, especially the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW), the Philippine Government has created the VaxCertPH website. Together with the Department of Health (DOH) and the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ), the VaxCertPH website has been launched and is currently on its preliminary rollout phase, aiming to provide digital vaccine certificates for fully vaccinated individuals. The certificate provided can be used as proof of being inoculated if an individual is traveling abroad.
As of now, the online portal can only process digital vaccine certificates for OFWs, and individuals who got vaccinated in Metro Manila or Baguio City, planning to travel abroad for the next two weeks. The vaccine certificate only has 14 days validity, so request only when needed. Since the portal is still on soft launch, it will be available to the public at a later time. Furthermore, the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT) previously stated, that they are aiming to make the portal available for nationwide use by October.
To get a digital vaccine certificate from VaxCertPH, follow our quick guide below.
- Head to the official website of VaxCertPH at https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/.
- Fill out the following questions, firstly if you are traveling abroad. Select “Yes” if you are an OFW scheduled to leave the Philippines for the next two weeks.
- Confirm if you have received the full dose of vaccination. It should also be noted that individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated, or just receive their final dose of vaccine in less than 48 hours, cannot request to process a digital vaccine certificate.
- After confirming your final dose, click next and enter your details including your Full Name, and Date of Birth. Also, make sure that the details you provided are the same as your vaccination card.
- Provide your vaccination details including the city where you acquired your first dose of vaccine and the date when you acquired your first dose. Next, enter the city where you got your final dose and the date. Afterward, click the button “VERIFY VACCINATION INFORMATION”.
- Once successfully entering the required details review everything, then click the “CONTINUE” button. A captcha code will appear, enter it correctly to proceed.
- Before processing your digital vaccine certificate, review your vaccination record including your Full Name, Date of Birth, Brand of Vaccine, and the Dates of the First and Second Dose of Vaccine. After reviewing the details, click the “Generate Vaccination Certificate” button. Also, if you want to make changes to your details, just click “Update Record” to request for update.
- Lastly, download your vaccination certificate which will pop up on the screen. The vaccine certificate will contain your details, vaccination details, and a QR code to verify your digital vaccine certificate. To get a copy of your vaccine certificate, download, print, or take a screenshot.
- Baclig, (2021), EXPLAINER: What is VaxCertPH? A guide for the vaccinated, Inquirer