Have you ever been to the Philippines? It’s one of the most beautiful countries in the planet. In fact, it notched the eight spot of Lonely Planet’s list of top 10 countries.
Kayaking in El Nido photo by ElNidoResorts.com
Here’s the complete list.
- Republic of Congo
- The Philippines
- St Lucia
Also, according to the famous travel website, the Philippines is a big travel destination in Southeast Asia because of its natural wonders.
About the Country
The Philippines is an archipelago and it has 7,107 islands. Despite being plagued by traffic, pollution and corruption – it’s still an amazing country. It’s not surprising that the Philippines made it to the top 10. With all the beautiful destinations, fun activities and the government’s efforts to promote tourism – the country is truly a nice place to visit.
In terms of destination, the Pearl of the Orient has a lot to offer. So here are the best ones.
- Rice Terraces in Banaue – This ancient Banaue Rice Terraces is also known as the “Eight Wonder of the World”. 2000 years ago, ancient Filipinos turned this mountain into rice terraces for irrigation purposes.
- Boracay Beach – Ah the paradise! Boracay Island is known for its heavenly beaches. Its immaculate white sand is refined like baby powder and its water is blue as the sky. At daytime, you can relax at the beach and perhaps get a massage. But at night, get ready to get wild because the place turns to a crazy party area.
- Palawan – In Palawan, you can experience nature tripping at its best. Here you can dive, swim, relax at the beach and visit an underground cave.
- Manila – Manila is the country’s capital. It’s one of the best cities in Southeast Asia. It has several shopping malls with wide range of items to choose from. Also, the night scene in this city is exciting. In this city, there are lots of cool bars. You can drink, dance and meet awesome people there.
If you’re planning to visit the Philippines, here are the activities that you can do.
- Sightseeing – With 7,107 islands, there are several tourist attractions in the Philippines. If you want to see its natural wonders, you can visit the Rice Terraces in Banaue, the Mayon volcano in Albay and the Chocolate Hills in Bohol.
- Relax on the Country’s World Class Beaches – The Philippines prides itself with its amazing beaches. So if you’re looking for a calming beach experience, you can go to Boracay, Bohol, Palawan and Pagudpud.
- Diving – In the Philippines, you can have a superb underwater experience. It has a lot of excellent diving spots such as Puerto Galera, Pamilacan Island and Malapascua
- Attend Fiestas – The Filipino cuisine is one of a kind. And during fiestas, they will let you enjoy their dishes until your jaw hurts. One of the best Filipino foods is the lechon. It’s a roasted pig with tasty crispy skin. Also, you can try other Filipino dishes like Adobo, Sinigang and Kare-Kare.
Lonely Planet didn’t make a mistake when they include the Philippines in the top 10. The country is still developing. And in the future, who knows? It might be ranked number one.