Thanks to aviation innovations, people can now travel as quickly and as hassle-free as they want to wherever, whenever. Thanks to airplanes, people can now go anywhere in the world in just a matter of hours. Otherwise, we would have to travel by sea or land, which could take us weeks or even months to get to our destination.
Yet the development in the aviation industry does not stop there. Of course, the overall flying experience has now become safer and faster thanks to the continued efforts of scientists and inventors.
View the Skycrapers from your window
Recently though, a lot of buzz has been going on about the latest invention that can make flying all the more enjoyable. Nowadays, everyone is talking about windowless planes. Yes, in a few years, everyone can be enjoying amazing views while they’re flying to any city or country. So imagine getting a fantastic vista of the Eiffel Tower while touching down Paris or the lush greenery of the Amazon Jungle. But how do windowless planes actually work?
Solar panels on the exterior would help power the displays – Mashable
Technicon Design, a Paris-based company, recently won an award for the concept they created of an IXION Windowless Jet. The idea was to provide passengers with a 360-degree view outside the plane with the use of cameras mounted on the exterior of the plane.
It looks Cool but It can also be scary to some passengers
The cameras will then capture all kinds of scenery and display it on lightweight high-resolution screens made of organic light-emitting diodes or OLEDs on the cabin walls and ceiling. The devices need to achieve this concept will be powered by solar panels installed on the exterior of the planes.
Now, how do the airline companies and the passengers benefit from this?
- Airplanes without windows cost less than those that have. This is because materials used to make windows are more expensive.
- Windowless planes are lighter. This is because the walls will be thinner, lighter and yet stronger. Thus, they can hold more passengers and cargoes. They can also have better handling capabilities.
- Planes with high-res screens for windows can reduce their spending. This is the direct result of having aircrafts that are lighter and that require less fuel and minimal maintenance.
- Carbon emissions will also be reduced. Since airplanes will be lighter, they will consume less fuel. In fact, a 1 percent reduction in aircraft weight can mean .75 percent fuel savings.
- Airline companies can now enhance the appeal of their aircrafts’ interiors. Plus, they can allow passengers to display whatever images they wish to view onboard. Hence, they can improve every traveler’s flying experience.
Recently, a British aerospace firm released pictures of their windowless plane design. So in a few years, we’ll all be enjoying fantastic views while flying to any destination.