Bucas Grande Island
Socorro or Bucas Grande Island, as known by old folks, is a lone, beautiful island which is part of Siargao, Surigao Del Norte.
The island offers a lot of activities and adventures such as mountain-trekking, spelunking and boating along with great views of lagoons and beach resorts.
Many have not known what this place has in treasures and still, there are more to discover.
How to get there
Surigao airport is the nearest Bucas Grande Island. Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Skyjet offer flights to Siargao from Manila and Cebu Mactan Airport.
From the Siargao airport, you need to travel by van to the port that will take you to Barangay Taruc Socorro Port. From the port, it takes 25-30 minute pump boat ride to Sohoton.
The most economical way from Surigao airport to Hayangabon Pier is taking Public Van Service from the Airport.
Van ride Php 120 per head
Pumpboat fee starts at Php 100 per head
Things to do and See in Bucas Grande Island
- Sohoton Submarine Water Cave
- Different private beaches in Bucas Grande Island
- Magkukuob Cave Hagukan Cave
- Socorro Rock Formation
- Sohoton Lagoon
Likely so, the LGU did want to advertise their touristy treasures in the four corners of the world and had thought of creating their own nook in the World Wide Web.
Though, initially, the local government had established their web presence, it was felt that the site needs regular update and technological innovation to make it more attractive to clients.
If you want an adventure of a lifetime, Bucas Grande Island welcomes you as you unravel its treasures at www.socorro.gov.ph. Be mystified.
- Non-surfer’s guide to Siargao Island, Philippines
- Biri Island: The Philippines’ top emerging destination
- 9 Boredom Busters for a Delayed Flight
- Top 3 Islands Announced By Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards Are In The Philippines
- Travel Guide: TakTak Falls in Siargao Island