Boracay Food Trip: Authentic International Flavors on White Beach, Boracay
Boracay Island exhibits a pleasant selection of fine foreign cuisines that are truly authentic.
Dos Mestizos Spanish Restaurant captures the gastronomic essence of the Philippine’s historical Spanish-Filipino cuisine. It has its own ‘mestizo’ chef running the kitchen and friendly staff manning the artisan dining area; thereby enriching diners with a delicious Spanish-Filipino experience, complemented with talented live musicians and of course a carafe of its best-selling Sangria. Located along Calle Remedios, near the Tourist Center, Station 2.
- Chorizo Hecho por Dos Mestizos, homemade Spanish sausage with potatoes in extra virgin olive oil.
- Paella Negra, Spanish-Filipino squid ink coated rice with squid, eggs and hot chilli pepper.
- Lentejas con Chorizo, savory thick lentil and chorizo soup enhanced with herbs and spices.
- Ensalada de Langostinos, fresh mixed greens and vegetables topped with prawns.
- Salpicao de Vaca, prized beef tenderloin cubes marinated in garlic.
- Gambas Al Ajillo, shrimps sautéed in olive oil and garlic
- Saturday Night Tapas, a delicious assortment of Spanish pica-pica, including Salpicao de Vaca, Gambas al Ajillo, Albondigas (meatballs), Calamares Fritos (fried squid), Croquettas de Quezo Azul (blue cheese croquettes), and more.
Caruso Ristorante Italiano, is an Italian restaurant opened by founder Dario Gardini at the District Hotel. Dario is proud to share his mama’s delightful dishes to the tourists and locals on the Island, likewise ensures that the quality of food and service are always met.
- Garganelli ai Funghi dell Ossala, a dish of homemade garganelli pasta coated with a rich porcini mushrooms sauce.
- Ravioloni Emiliani Ripieni, al Burro e Salvia, a homemade ravioloni pasta typical in the northern Italian region of Emilia Romagna with fillings of spinach, ricotta cheese, butter and sage.
- Pizza Quattro Formaggi, pizza topped with four kinds of Italian cheeses
- Boscaiola, pizza with tomato, mozzarella, ham and mushroom
- Gorgonzola pizza with melted gorgonzola cheese and fresh arugula leaves.
- *Pizzas are made with thinly kneaded dough and baked in brick oven. You can enjoy two flavors in one order.
- Zuppa Inglese, a spongy cake with delectable layers of chocolate, pastry cream, biscuit and marsala wine.
- Panna Cotta sprinkled with almonds
- Chocolate Mousse.
Go Greek at Cyma. Walk to D’Mall and satisfy your insatiable Mediterranean cravings.
- Moussaka, baked layers of eggplant, ground beef and pork in béchamel sauce. Garides Saganaki Pasta, a sumptuous spaghetti with sautéed prawns in tomato sauce and feta cheese.
- Lamb Souvlaki, juicy lamb chop skewers grilled and served with vegetables, Lamb Soutzoukakia, Greek style pasta with meatballs.
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers with Feta Cheese
- Watercress Salad tossed in herb dressing and topped with walnuts, sliced pears and bleu cheese crumbles
Turn Japanese, all the way to the south end of White Beach. Marvel at the vast photo menu of Japanese dishes at Nagisa Café in Angol and dine in its relaxing atmosphere.
- Miso Soup, Japanese Miso stock, tofu and vegetables
- Tanuki Udon, a Kyoto noodle with dried seaweed strips, spring onions, teriyaki bits and boiled egg in Sukiyaki soup.
- Zaru Soba, chilled green tea noodles with nori seaweed strips and dipping sauce
- Katsudon, a rice bowl with pork cutlet, onion and egg toppings.
- Tuna Sashimi
- Okonomiyaki, a traditional Japanese egg omelet with assorted fillings and sprinkled with a thick sauce
- Japanese green tea.
For an all-out American cuisine, Jammers is it. This beachfront favorite serves scrumptious American food and milkshakes 24 hours of the day. Thanks to the New Yorker owner and his lovely French wife who watch over the place everyday.
- XL Burger, a half pound patty with onions, tomatoes and lettuce, best added with bacon and cheese.
- Killer Fish, a double-deck of breaded Dory piled together with lettuce, mayonnaise and burger buns.
- Burgers – classic, cheese or chicken.
- New York-style hotdogs and cheesedogs
- Sausages and meatballs
- Other all-time favorites are: steaks, pork chops, fish and chips, salads, and sundaes.
Planning for a Boracay Food Trip? Give yourself a delicious break at these food places before your next dip in the sea.