Aliwan Fiesta 2017 List of Contingets and Schedule of Activities
Table of Contents
Deemed the mother of best fiestas in the Philippines, this year’s Aliwan Fiesta is slated to be held this coming April 20 to 21, 2017.
Started back in 2003, Aliwan Fiesta features different traditions and cultures in the Philippines.
Celebrated every year, this festivity will showcase a wide array of contingents from Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
The different contingents will go head-to-head in a Festival Music Showdown, Reyna ng Aliwan pageant, float parade, and grand street dancing contest.
Organized by MBC, CCP, and Cities of Pasay and Manila
The Aliwan Fiesta 2017, otherwise known “Festivals of Festivals,” is organized by Manila Broadcasting Company (MBC) in partnership with the cities of Pasay and Manila along with Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).
Schedule of Activities
At the moment, organizers has yet to reveal the official schedule of activities for Aliwan Fiesta 2017. Based on last year’s Aliwan Fiesta, however, this three-day event will showcase trade fairs and nightly shows that will contribute to the excitement of the whole event.
Where to Stay in Manila during Aliwan Festival?
If you are planning to visit Manila for the 2017 Aliwan Fiesta, checkout this list of top hotels in the City:
- Manila Hotels with the Highest Traveler Ratings
- List of The Best Manila Luxury Hotels
- Conrad Hotels And Resorts Opens In Manila: Here’s What To Expect at Conrad Manila
What to Expect
Since the official schedule is not released yet, let us take a look at the activities during the Aliwan Bazaar 2016:
- Aliwan Shoppers Bazaar – This whole-day activity was held from the first to the last day of the event.
- Tugtog ng Aliwan – This is the event’s Festival Music Showdown. Last year, it was held during the first day of the event.
- Reyna ng Aliwan Beauty Pageant – The search for the Reyna ng Aliwan will be held on the second day of the festival. The Festival Queen Competition is composed of Filipina beauties who represent different festivals across the nation.
- Aliwan Float Parade and Street Dance Competition – Last year, the event kicked off at 4 PM at the Quirino Grandstand. The Culminating Showdown was held at Sotto Street, CCP Complex at 6 PM. The Awarding Ceremonies was held at 9 PM.
In any case, the Aliwan Fiesta 2017 is absolutely a fun and thrilling event. We will surely keep you posted as soon as any news regarding the official schedule of activities becomes available.
So, are you excited about this upcoming event? Sound off in the comments section below.