#WalangPasok: Updated List of Work and Class cancellations for October 12, 2021 (Tuesday)
Manila, Philippines – Some Local Government Units and Schools in the Philippines have suspended classes and government work on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, due to bad weather caused by Severe Tropical Storm Maring (Kompasu).
Walang Pasok Updates: Oktubre 12, Martes
(As of 3:01am, October 12, 2021) Here’s an updated list of towns, cities, and schools that canceled classes/work on Tuesday:
- Brooke’s Point, Palawan (source)
- Dagupan City – All School Levels (public and private), Government Offices (source)
- Pangasinan Province – All School Levels (public and private), Government Offices (source)
Cordillera Administrative Region
- Baguio City – all levels (public and private)
- La Trinidad, Benguet – all levels (public and private)
- Kapangan, Benguet
- Tuba, Benguet – all levels (public and private)
Philippine Weather Severe Tropical Storm Maring (Kompasu) Updates
Weather Update by PAGASA Issued at 5:00 AM, 12, OCT 2021
Signal 2 – No Classes up to Senior Highschool
Damaging galeto storm-force winds prevailing or expected within 24 hours
- Cagayan including Babuyan Islands
- the northern portion of Isabela (Palanan, Divilacan, Maconacon, Ilagan City, Tumauini, Cabagan, San Pablo, Santa Maria, Santo Tomas, Delfin Albano, Quirino, Gamu, Roxas, Mallig, Quezon)
- Mountain Province
- Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
Signal 1 – No Classes for Preschool
Strong winds prevailing or expected within 36 hours
- The rest of Isabela
- Nueva Vizcaya
- La Union
- Nueva Ecija
- the northern portion of Bataan (Samal, Morong, Dinalupihan, Abucay, Orani, Hermosa)
- the northern portion of Quezon (General Nakar, Infanta) including Polillo Islands
Tropical Storm Maring Updates
- After passing close or over the islands in the Babuyan Archipelago, Severe Tropical Storm “MARING” will continue to move westward over the Luzon Strait and the West Philippine Sea throughout the forecast period. It is forecast to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) this morning or afternoon. Outside the PAR, “MARING” will maintain a westward heading and is likely to make landfall in the vicinity of Hainan, China tomorrow evening.
- Within the next 36 hours, the storm is forecast to gradually intensify but is becoming less likely to reach the typhoon category prior to making landfall over Hainan Island.
Department of Education (DepEd) Class Suspension Guideline:
*Suspension of classes for the tertiary level (colleges and universities) will be at the discretion of school management.
Flight Cancellations in the Philippines
(We are still waiting for flight updates from Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia Philippines.)
Weather Updates: Some Classes for Tuesday, October 12, 2021, have been canceled in some areas due to nationwide inclement weather conditions.
Keep refreshing this page for more #WalangPasok updates.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest updates on class suspensions.
Searching for the best hotels and affordable flights? Check out our complete list of affordable hotels and resorts via Agoda, or you may also see available Airbnb properties in the city.