Minalungao National Park Travel Guide
Table of Contents
Truly, genuine beauty is manifested by natural magnificence.
Spending holidays and weekends can never go wrong with out of town tours. And as an adventure seeker and an aspirant pro traveler, I decided to do a day tour at the Minalungao National Park. Visiting this natural wonder is perfect for people wants to escape the hustle and bustle of the crowded Metro.
Where is Minalungao National Park?
The park can be found in the Municipality of General Tinio, Nueva Ecija. It has a total land area of 2,018 hectares and regarded as one of Nueva Ecija’s best-kept secret.
How to get there?
- Ride a bus bound to Gapan/Cabanatuan, P150-P200. Estimated travel time: 2-3 hours
- From Gapan ride a jeep to General Tinio then ride a trike to Minalungao Park, P50/person
- ** If you are avoiding a hassle trip, you can rent a tricycle from Gapan to Minalungao Park, P500-P600/tricycle. The tricycle will be waiting for you until your way back to Gapan. Estimated travel time: 1-1.5 hours
Via Private Vehicle
- Take NLEX traveling north and Exit at Sta. Rita.
- Proceed right and go along the Candaba – San Miguel Road. Carry on until you reach Bucana, Gapan.
*** Upon reaching Gapan, ask the locals for the best route to Minalungao National Park since there are several roads heading to the park.
*** Estimated travel time: 4-5 hours, expect a rough road
Estimated Minalungao National Park Rates and Fees
• Entrance Fee – P100
• Floating Cottage – P800-P1,500
• Bamboo raft (small) – P250, (big) – P500
• Minalungao Cave – P10
• Parking fee – P50
• Comfort Room – P10
Perks of the Park! Things to do in Minalungao National Park
As a geologist wannabe, I am always fascinated by rock formations. Adding spice to the park’s beauty is the green Peñaranda River. If you are bold enough, cliff diving and cliff climbing may actually fit for you.
If you haven’t tried Bamboo Rafting, then this is the best time for first-timers! Best enjoyed with friends while having your lunch or snacks in the bamboo raft.
Visit Minalungao Cave
Aside from the scenic limestone walls and the Peñaranda River, there’s another way to enjoy the park which is by exploring the Minalungao Cave located at the foot of Minalungao Hill.
- Cliff Diving
- Bamboo Rafting
Crowded Minalungao National Park
If you are opting for solitude, I recommend that you take the tour of the park on weekdays because this is what you will experience during weekends. Been there, done that.
Above all, Minalungao National Park really suffices me with its refreshing air and breathtaking landscapes. To maintain its beauty, I encourage everyone visiting the park to please be a responsible traveler. Let the future generations also experience the kind of feeling we are experiencing today at Minalungao National Park.
- Lakbay Norte 6: Finding Your North – Nueva Ecija in 48 hours
- Travel Guide: Hundred Islands National Park in Alaminos Pangasinan