Pets Approved: Travel with your furry friends with Airbnb this festive season.
Manila, Philippines. — This week marks World Animal Day, an international day celebrating all animals and promoting a better future for animals worldwide. As the festive season rapidly approaches, there’s no better time to plan a getaway with fur kids in tow for your loved ones.
Around the world, Airbnb Hosts have welcomed hundreds of thousands of guests and their beloved pets. As the pandemic pet boom continues and travel resumes, guests are increasingly looking for domestic stays that allow them to bring their furry friends along, with ample outdoor space for all to roam around.
More than 3 million pets have checked into Airbnb since last November. As of June 2022, pet-friendly stays make up almost one-fifth of all Philippines listings on Airbnb, a 44% increase compared to June 20192. The top ten destinations for pet-friendly travel in the Philippines in Q2 2022 are:
- Manila, Metro Manila
- Baguio, Cordillera
- Patuto, Calabarzon
- Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Taguig, Calabarzon
- Cebu City, Central Visayas
- Olongapo, Central Luzon
- Nasugbu, Calabarzon
- San Fernando, Ilocos
- Calamba, Calabarzon
Amanpreet Singh Bajaj, Airbnb’s General Manager for Southeast Asia, India, Hong Kong, and Taiwan said that when it comes to pet-friendly Airbnb stays, owners are seeking stays with additional space for their furry friends, often in locations outside capital cities.
“If you’re an avid pet lover, you’ll know that no holiday is quite complete without taking your family pet along. We have something for even the fussiest four-legged family members, and certainly, homes with spacious yards and deck areas are always among the most popular for guests with pets,” Bajaj added.
In the Philippines, over 15,000 guests have traveled with their pets on Airbnb3. To inspire more fur moms and dads planning to bring their pet friends on their next getaways, here are some amazing pet-friendly listings in the Philippines — from spacious homes with huge backyards for your pets to roam to stays co-hosted by equally hospitable pooches!
Spacious farms for the zoomies
If you’re itching for a quick weekend away from the 9-to-5 routine, these farm stays drivable from Manila can give you and your fur baby that relaxing getaway you both deserved.
- The Alperi Farm is a newly built private farmhouse in Amadeo sitting on an expansive 2,000 sqm — perfect for non-stop fetch and the occasional zoomies. Offering guests plenty of opportunities to unplug and bond with loved ones (pets included!), the farmhouse comes with entertainment and activity options, including a playhouse, bird sanctuary, a gym, and even a theater and arcade room.
- Another farm stay south of the metro is Campo Canueza, which provides the best mountain views and beach access. It has a two-story air-conditioned bahay kubo, a private pool, and an expansive space where you can freely walk your pets. At night, you can pitch a tent outside and enjoy uninterrupted views of the night sky.
Beachfront homes for the water-loving breeds
While some will just dip a toe, other dogs are born for the water — and will be truly delighted to hit the beach. Head on to these beachfront stays if you and your canine companion are dreaming of sands in your toes and paws.
- Saya Nest is one of the seven nests hosted by proud fur-mom and Airbnb Host, Tamara. Located in the rainforest of Subic Bay, it lies just a few minutes from the beaches and falls. There is a fenced-in patio so your pets can run off-leash, a bathtub overlooking the forest, an outdoor table and grill, and a hammock by the porch. If you’re lucky, you might even be welcomed by Tamara’s own fur babies!
- If you and your pet are up for a little island adventure — check out this Beachfront Loft in Palawan. It is located in a 2-hectare beachfront community in Aborlan just south of Puerto Princesa and sits right by the sandy beach. Go boating with your pet daily and warm up around the bonfire at night while listening to the calming waves.
Breathtaking views for your best bud
Looking for vacation rentals with picturesque views where you can bring your fur babies? Search no further! These homes are not only pet-friendly — they make you want to bask in the scenery and stay for longer.
- Anto House is a secluded farm nestled in the highlands of Antipolo, offering a 360-degree view overlooking the distant Metro Manila skyline, Angono hills and ridges, and the Laguna de Bay. Featuring two beautiful bamboo casitas that can accommodate up to 14 guests, it’s perfect for family gatherings and even reunions. There are also animals on the property, like goats and sheep, that both kids and fur kids can interact with.
- How about calling an entire island your home for the weekend? This rustic, tiny island is right in the middle of Lumot Lake, with astounding views of the Sierra Madre mountain ranges. If your fur bud’s love language is quality time, you can set up a mini obstacle course, go swimming at the lake, or simply just watch the world go by.
1 Based on Airbnb internal data from June 30, 2019, to June 30, 2022
2 Based on Airbnb internal data from June 30, 2019, to June 30, 2022
3 Based on Airbnb internal data from November 11, 2019, to June 30, 2022
Note: All stays referenced are intended purely to inspire and illustrate. Airbnb does not recommend or endorse specific stay or Experience listings on the Airbnb platform.
Did you like our list of Top pet-friendly destinations in the Philippines? Follow Out of Town Travel Blog on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest if you want more travel and tech-related updates.