Travel Gadget Reviews: NOMAD Horween Apple Watch Leather Strap
Table of Contents
One of the best things about the Apple Watch is that you can conveniently change its strap to suit your specific needs and personality. The strap is like the equivalent of a mobile phone case, letting Apple Watch users swap one for the next for a constantly updated design that’s perpetually new without having to transfer any of your files. The question now is: what strap should you choose? You might want to check out the NOMAD Horween Apple Watch Leather Strap (Buy via Amazon) that was released in the market two years ago.
I’m not really a fan of leather because the smell is oddly weird for me so I tend not to own any kind of leather whether they’re leather shoes, a leather wallet, or a leather belt. The NOMAD Horween Apple Watch Leather Strap is an exception to the rule though after I saw the product firsthand from a good friend of mine.
The design of the leather strap carries such a classical appeal that I can see it being used in multiple functions from casual to ultra-formal. Of course, there’s also the fact that the Horween name is regarded to be one of the best quality brands in the market today.
- Specially created for the Apple Watch, this NOMAD Leather Strap boasts of a classic design that works for both men and women. If you’re buying this as a gift, then you should be happy to know that the leather strap removes the guesswork out of your purchase as its classic appeal attracts any gender.
- Made with authentic USA leather, the product comes with all the benefits of real leather including the sleek softness of the material, the distinctive smell, the solid colour, and the durable surface.
- The stainless steel lugs and buckle are custom made to fit the Apple Watch, guaranteeing that your watch will remain rigidly attached to the strap – regardless of any activity you might be doing. The metals are made with the metal-injection-molded MIM technology which creates a beautifully precise design you can’t find anywhere else in the industry.
- Maintained properly, leather is a timeless classic that develops a rugged patina as time moves forward. As this piece gains in age in your possession, you’ll find that it doesn’t lose its classic appeal and will continue to look good and comfortable as you wear it.
- Beautifully adjustable, the strap is a one-size-fits-most design with 135mm length for adjustment and 75mm length of the buckle.
About Horween Leather Company
One of the oldest running tanneries, Horween Leather Company has been operating in the United States since 1905. They have since expanded their leather products with the intention of injecting the classical appeal to modern marvels such as bags, wallets, shoes, and leather straps.
Is It Good for Travel?
The leather strap is durable enough that there’s zero chance of slippage or damage even when brought with you during travel. Note though that leather isn’t really made for water. If your kind of travel involves the beach or any other water activities – then you should swap the strap for something more durable against water. Business travels, family vacations, and other dry-excursions however, are perfectly fine.
Where to Buy and How Much
The NOMAD Horween Apple Watch Leather Strap (official website) is currently available in the Philippines through Beyond the Box for Php3990. Check out the product through any of their branches in the Philippines and you should be able to get your hands on this classic.
You can also buy via Amazon.com for only $79.99 plus shipping.