How to Renew Your Philippine Passport in Saudi Arabia
Renewing your passport while in a pandemic can be quite a hassle, but it is a necessity that can’t be avoided, especially for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). The good thing is, there are ways to help lessen our activities outside by booking an online appointment via various available channels facilitated by the government.
In this guide, let us take you through the step-by-step process of renewing a Philippine passport in Saudi Arabia. Read on!
Tips for First-Timers
- Keep a copy of your passport’s data page, entry visa, entry border code, and iqama with you.
- Make sure to check the details of your passport enrollment certificate. Any mistake in spelling, surname, or gender will reflect on your passport. In cases like this, you will need to reapply for a new passport, pay the same fees, and wait 30-45 days.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 9 months for travel use.
- The Embassy only releases passports to courier services during weekdays (Sunday to Thursday).
- Passport claiming does not need an appointment.
- Transact only with official government agencies to ensure security.
Requirements to Renew Your PH Passport in Saudi Arabia
There are several requirements that you need to prepare to renew your passport. Read below:
Passport Renewal Requirements for Adults
- Scheduled appointment
- Personal appearance
- Photocopy of your passport’s data page
- Accomplished passport application form (no photo needed)
Passport Renewal Requirements for Minors (17 years old and below)
- Personal appearance of the minor applicant
- Personal appearance of either parent
- Minor’s passport
- Parents’ passport
- Original and photocopy of the PSA-authenticated birth certificate of the minor
- Original and photocopy of the parent’s marriage certificate issued by PSA, authenticated by the DFA
Passport Fees and Payment Procedure
Renewal of e-Passport costs SR 240.* Please note that the Embassy does not accept debit or credit cards. Pay the renewal fee so that the ePassport processing can be completed. If you have not paid yet, you cannot claim your passport as the system will not manufacture your passport yet.
*price may change without prior notice
Steps to Renew Your Passport in Saudi Arabia
In Saudi Arabia, there are two ways to get a passport renewal appointment. The first option is setting your own appointment at your preferred date and time. This is ideal for those who only have a few available schedules for errands like this.
Option 1: Get Your Own Appointment
Before Passport Renewal
- Book an online appointment via the Philippine Embassy of Riyadh’s Online Appointment system.
How to use the Online Appointment System:
- Log on to the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh’s website.
- Click Option 1: Get Your Own Appointment.
- Read the instructions and tick the checkbox after reading the Terms and Conditions. Then, click Next.
- Select service: Passport Renewal.
- Select your date of appointment. Note: dates in green are available.
- Select your time of appointment. You will see how many seats are available each time.
- Tick the checkbox for the auto-generated captcha.
- Fill out your personal details, then click Next.
- Review your details, then click the checkbox to confirm that the information you filled out is accurate.
- A pop-up will appear. Read the notification message, then click OK.
- Check your email inbox, then click Verify my Email.
- A new browser window will open that confirms you have successfully scheduled an appointment.
- Check your email for the confirmation email and read the instructions carefully.
- A thermal scanning will be done before you are allowed to enter the premises. Those with a temperature of 38 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter the Embassy.
- Make sure to wear a face mask at all times.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
During Passport Renewal
- Bring a copy of the email when you arrive at your scheduled appointment. Present this to the embassy as well as proof of your identification.
- Your photo and biometrics will be taken at the Embassy’s encoding area.
- Review your enrollment certificate carefully before you sign.
- Bring the collection slip to the cashier and pay the passport renewal amount of SR 240.
- After your transaction, leave the premises immediately. Loitering is not allowed within the premises of the Embassy.
After Passport Renewal
- Before going to the Embassy, check if your passports are ready for release at the Embassy’s website.
- Unclaimed passports within 6 months shall be processed for cancellation.
- You may contact the Embassy regarding the status of your passport renewal.
Passport Releasing at the Embassy
Passport release takes about 6 to 8 weeks from encoding. There are two ways to claim your new passports:
Via Courier: you may use a courier service to claim your passport on your behalf from Sunday to Thursday. Make sure to endorse the following to your chosen courier service:
- Old passport
- Official receipt
- Authorization letter
Personal or via Authorized Representative: claiming is during the Embassy’s Special Weekend Passport Release from 1 to 5 pm every Friday and 8-5 pm every Saturday. Bring the following requirements when claiming your passports:
- Old passport
- Official receipt
- Authorization letter (if a representative is claiming on your behalf)
- ID photocopy (representative) and ID of the passport owner
Passport Releasing at the VFS
Where to claim
For passports processed at the Philippine Embassy or the VFS Philippine ePassport Renewal Center (PaRC) in Riyadh, you may claim it at:
VFS Parc in Riyadh, 2nd floor
Al Shamshia Plaza opp. G Mart
Al Futah King Faisal Road Riyadh 12632
For passports processed at the VFS Philippine ePassport Renewal Center (PaRC) in Al Khobar, you may claim it at:
2nd floor Al Khateery Center opp. SABB Bank,
Al Rakka, Al Khobar, KSA
When to Claim:
The schedule of release is from 9 AM to 4 PM (Sunday to Thursday).
How to Claim:
Book an appointment here or call the hotline at +966 115 204 898. Bring the following:
- Copy of the appointment printout
- Old passport
- Official Receipt
- Authorization letter signed by passport owner (if a representative will claim on your behalf)
How to Know if Passport is Ready for Release:
Option 2: Flexible Date Appointment
The second option is called the Flexible Date Appointment Request. These are for people who can renew their passports at any date. Those who choose Option 2 will all be given an appointment schedule.
How can you get an Option 2 appointment?
- Fill out the Flexible Date Appointment Request form.
- Wait for 3 to 5 days to confirm your appointment request.
- Check your appointment schedule on the Flexible date – Confirmed Appointments page.
Embassy on Wheels
Embassy On Wheels (EOW) is a consular outreach mission that provides services to OFWs outside the city where the Embassy is located. It accommodates OFWs who live in far locations, and it offers services such as passport renewals.
This 2021, subject to government permits and funding, the Embassy of the Philippines in Riyadh announced tentative dates for their EOW until December 2021.
|Al Khobar||May 28-29
July2-3 and 30-31
September 3-4 and 24-25
November 5-6 and 26-27
|Al Ahsa/Jubail, depending on the venue availability||May 21-22
|Buraidah||June 18-19 (HSW only)
|Al Jouf||May 28- 29
October 22- 23
|Ha’il||September 17- 18
December 17- 18
|Hafar Al-Batin||August 27- 28|
List retrieved from The Philippine Embassy Riyadh. Dates may change without prior notice.
Additional notes regarding Passport Renewal in Saudi Arabia
- Walk-ins are currently not allowed for passport renewal.
- Make sure to use an active email address as the confirmation of your appointment will be sent to your email.
- Strictly one appointment slot per person will be allowed in the appointment system.
- Minors should be present during the passport appointment for photo capturing. They should be accompanied by parents or legal guardians.
- To confirm your child/ren’s passport appointment, you may use your own email address for their confirmation message.
- Duplicate appointments will be canceled.
- Get a passport renewal appointment at least 9 months before expiry.
- Refrain from being large bags when transacting at PaRC.
- Only the clients will be allowed inside at the PaRC; however, if the client cannot transact on his/her own, an accompanying person may be allowed to escort.
- Authorization Letter may be used to claim on behalf of an owner only if he/she is a minor, senior citizen, or with medical or valid concerns.VFS PaRC has currently suspended releasing passports to individual representatives.
Philippine Embassy in Riyadh Official Websites and Contact Details
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (passport releasing)
Telephone number: 011-482-3816
VFS Help desk: 966 115 204 898 or 966 920 029 773
Bookmark this guide if you’re planning to renew your Philippine passport in Saudi Arabia anytime soon! Make sure to regularly check the Embassy’s website to know the updates on passport renewal this 2021. Have you recently renewed your passports in KSA? Leave some tips below!