Heads Up Travelers, You May Now Visit Ilocos Norte
All of us are itching to travel soon. But with the ongoing pandemic, international travel seems so far away. The good thing is, some domestic tourist destinations are opening their borders to tourists from other provinces. One of these is Ilocos Norte, which just recently announced that it’ll allow travelers to visit their province!
Ilocos Norte will be requiring a few travel requirements as part of their protocols, as follows:
- Sign up via ilocosnorte.ph.
- Show proof of confirmed booking from accredited accommodation or travel agency
QR code via SafePass. You may also text GetQR 1234 [Your Nickname} and send it to 2256722.
COVID-19 test (any of the following)
- RT-PCR taken within 72 hours
- Antigen test taken within 24 hours
- Antigen upon arrival
Who can travel in intrazonal and interzonal leisure travel?
During Alert Level 4, all tourists are allowed to travel except the following:
- Persons below 18 years of age
- Pregnant women
- Persons above 65 years of age
- People with health risks
When it’s GCQ, MGCQ, or Alert Levels 1, 2, or 3, all tourists are welcome to Ilocos Norte.
Where are tourists allowed to travel?
During Alert Level 4, only point-to-point travel is allowed. For GCQ, MGCQ, or Alert Levels 1, 2, or 3, it may or may not be point-to-point. Please follow Ilocos Norte Tourism’s official accounts to check the corresponding guidelines.
For Level 5 areas, either intrazonal or interzonal travel is not allowed. According to the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte (PGIN) in a press release, 82.36% of the province’s primary tourism workers have already been vaccinated, with 20.08% inoculated with the first dose and 62.28% fully vaccinated. To ensure the safety of locals and tourists who want to visit Ilocos Norte, PGIN mentioned that regular inspections of hotels triage and tourist workers’ vaccination are in place.
Ilocos Norte has recently been awarded a Safe Travels Stamp by the World Travel and Tourism Council for adopting globally recognized health and safety standards during the pandemic.
Must-See Attractions in Ilocos Norte
Ilocos Norte is home to quite a few notable attractions in the North:
- Sand Dunes – For the adventure-seekers, go sandboarding in the sand dunes of La Paz and Paoay. You may also try a 4×4 ride and explore the whole place.
- Bangui Windmills – See the first wind farm in the country and enjoy the majestic view of the West Philippine Sea.
- Paoay Church – Visit the UNESCO Heritage Site and reflect in solemnity in this hundred of decades-old baroque style church.
Other Important Details
Tourist Triage Hotlines:
Be a responsible tourist! Make sure to complete all requirements prior to your entry and observe health protocols implemented in the province. For more information about Ilocos Norte, follow their Facebook page to get real-time announcements and updates.
Are you excited to travel again soon? What’s the first thing you want to do when you visit Ilocos Norte? Let us know in the comments section below!