Unboxing Huawei Nova 2i
Huawei is a phone brand that is rather known amongst us 21st century travelers. It has the advanced specs and features you would find on higher-end phone brands, but most Huawei phones lie within the Php 15k range. This is why the recently released Huawei Nova 2i, like all new models of Huawei phones, is a formidable travel gadget that all wise and modern travelers should have.
My first impressions on Huawei Nova 2i
Huawei Nova 2i was officially released in the markets in late October. Like its predecessors, it has a large but comfortable size (156.2 x 75.2 mm), with that sleek and awesome 83% screen to body ratio. The compact 7.5 mm width, the light weight, and the metal matte finish gives it an overall sophisticated look.
What’s inside the box?
Huawei Nova 2i comes in a large box and a smaller box inside. The large box contains a micro USB chord, Huawei earphones, a SIM card ejector pin, and a charger.
The phone, which is found inside the smaller box, is available in the colors of gold, navy blue, and deep black.
The phone’s system is an Android 7.0 Nougat, which translates to a faster and seamless performance. The 5.9-inch LCD display is sized 2160×1090 pixels.
What is even more amazing is that the phone is equipped with 64 Gb internal storage and can contain a microSD card up to 256 Gb! Imagine all the applications you can install in it, without slowing down your phone.
Huawei Nova 2i specs
This is the fun part. The most notable thing about Huawei Nova 2i is the quad camera feature, which is something that even other established brands do not have. This is perhaps the most sellable feature that this model has. Here is a list of some of the best specs for this one:
- Quad camera. Does your smartphone have two rear cameras, and one at the front? If that’s so, that’s good. But there’s something better… say hello to Huawei Nova 2i, that has not just three, but four cameras! The 13 MP front camera comes with a 2 MP depth sensor. The 16 MP rear camera, on the other hand, comes with a 2 MP depth sensor lens as well, and with a LED flash as well. This means more HD photos, sharper details, easier wide shots, and more life to your pictures.
- Fingerprint scanner. As digital nomads, it is wise to keep our security in check. This phone helps enhance that with the fast fingerprint scanning feature.
- High performance. Huawei Nova 2i is powered by the new HiSilicon Kirin 659 octa-core processor, which goes so well with the phone’s other impressive features. The said processor runs at a top clock speed of 2.36 GHz.
- Pro Mode. Like most recent models of phones, the Pro Mode option in the camera option allows you to take photos comparable to professionally shot ones. The other interesting camera options are panorama, night shot, HDR, watermark, audio note, slow-motion shooting, time lapse, light painting, and even a document scanner. The 2 MP depth sensor cameras give a bokeh effect to photos taken with either the front or rear lens.
- Display. This phone has a 2.5D curved glass display, which magnificently adds elegance to the phone’s appearance, without making it less handy. The large 18:9 aspect ratio of the screen is relatively new in the international market, so some applications from Play Store might not be available in that resolution yet. However, Nova 2i can adjust the app resolution without compensating the crisp or color of the images.
- Battery. The 3,340 mAH built-in battery is not as long-lasting as other brands, but this one is definitely better compared to the previously released Huawei phones. A fully charged Nova 2i can last up to two days with average usage, but heavy usage (i.e., games, date or LTE, HD video viewing) will shorten that to one day.
Huawei Nova 2i has been made available to the public since October 21, 2017. It is priced at Php 14,1990, which is incredibly cheap compared to other phone models that have been released at around the same time.
Considering how it has four cameras, a sleek performance, and an above-average battery life, this goes well with not just travelers, but anyone with a knack for collecting great images using smartphones.
- Travel Gadget: Huawei Nova2 i is Now Available in the Philippines
- How to Take Good Travel Photographs