Among all the wonderful cities that this world has to offer, Hong Kong remains to be the top spot for most tourist especially for die hard shoppers. As we all know, Hong Kong is extremely popular with tourist-slash-shoppers looking forward for a one of a kind travel experience. As they always say when you visit Hong Kong, you are certainly going to shop until you drop.
A view from Victoria Peak, looking north over Central, Victoria Harbour and Kowloon at night – Hong Kong Skyline Restitch – by Diliff. Licensed under Wikimedia Commons.
Apart from the wonderful lifestyle and culture that you can witness upon visiting the city of Hong Kong, it would also be the best time for you to splurge your money on some drop dead gorgeous shopping items offered by Hong Kong shops.
For the longest time, Hong Kong has been able to establish a good reputation to all shopaholics not only with their locals, but most especially from tourists all over the world. As a matter of fact, Hong Kong has been the regular shopping destination of its neighboring cities and countries.
Wong Tai Sin Temple in Hong Kong – by Chong Fat – Own work (Self took photo). Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons
Once you have decided to spend your most awaited vacation in Hong Kong, the first and most vital thing that you should accomplish is “my to-do-list”. With this city’s diverse activities, you can be easily be distracted especially if you don’t have a concrete plan on how you will spend your vacation in this breathtaking Asian city.
Heres a shortlist of famous things to buy in certain shopping districts:
- Antiques – Upper Lascar Row, Hollywood Road
- Video games – Wan Chai, Sham Shui Po
- Computers – Wan Chai, Sham Shui Po, Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay, Kowloon
- Modern fashion – Times Square, IFC, Elements
- Leather goods – Tsim Sha Tsui
- Fortune advice – Wong Tai Sin Temple
- Japanese items – Sogo
- Bargain – Stanley, Shenzhen
- Cars – Gloucester Road, Hong Kong
ParknShop in Hong Kong
Heres the list of famous Specialty Stores in Hong Kong:
- Arome Bakery – bakery chain store
- c!ty’super – supermarket and lifestyle
- Commercial Press – book store chain
- Goods of Desire (G.O.D.) – lifestyle retail store
- Giordano – retail clothing store
- Joint Publishing – book store chain
- ParknShop – supermarkets
- Religious goods store
- Sincere Department Store
- Watson’s – pharmactical, health and beauty chain store
- Wellcome – supermarkets
- Wing On – department chain store
- Yu Kee Food – chain supermarkets
And just a piece of unsolicited advice for shopaholics out there planning to visit this shopping paradise, you better set your game plan for your Hong Kong shopping spree. With the surprising number of 150 shopping malls in this city alone, not having a shopping plan would definitely leave you empty handed.
So what are you all shopaholics waiting for? Start planning your vacation in Hong Kong and be ready with the ultimate shopping experience of your life.