Tourist Attractions and Best Things to do in Antipolo City, Philippines
Table of Contents
There’s something about Antipolo that charms many. For some, it’s the nearness of this mountain getaway place to Manila while some love it for its pilgrimage spots.
Others are inclined to visit because apart from its proximity to Manila is the fact that there are many budget adventures that can be had and there are amazing natural sights to be seen.
The quietness of Antipolo and its friendly vibe are reasons enough to visit when you have time.
Taking Photos at Pinto Art Museum
A lot of travelers and art lovers know that Pinto Art Museum holds many unique works of arts that’s why it’s also common knowledge for these people that the place is laden with corners where you can have an Instagram-worthy shot or two.
- Location: 1 Sierra Madre St., Grand Heights Rd, Antipolo, Rizal
- Operation hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (Tuesdays to Sundays)
- Rate: Php200/pax –whole day with picture taking
- Php180/Senior Citizen
- Contact No. (02) 697 1015
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Tripping in Antipolo City
The most common delicacies that people from Manila buy when in Antipolo are their suman, mangga (mango), balimbing (star fruit) kasoy, coco jam and kalamay. These are native sweets that you shouldn’t miss buying if you go there.
- Location: Siete Medya
Chill at Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens & Spa
If you wish to chill and be pampered then you need to check out Luljetta’s Hanging Garden and Spa but the beauty of the place is not limited to their spa. They have a spectacular view of the Sierra Madre Mountains and in the vicinity is a lush garden that takes you back to another place where you can get calm.
- Location: Sitio Loreland, Barangay San Roque Antipolo, Rizal 1870
- Operation hours: 24 hours (Daily)
- Rates: Prices start at Php3200/2 pax
- Contact Nos. 0917 867 6205/0925 766 7544/0917 173 2517/ (+632) 534 2517/ (+632) 633 3494
- Email Address: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Casa Santa Museum
What a fun-filled way to celebrate the holidays by going to Jardin de Miramar’s Casa Santa. The Christmas-themed museum has more than 3,000 Christmas and Santa Clause items from many parts of the world. Going to Casa Santa is very special during the holiday season but they’re also open during regular days.
- Location: 276 San Jose Extension, Brgy. San Isidro, Antipolo, Rizal 1870
- Operation hours: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (weekdays)
- Rate: From Php180
- Contact Info: (02) 584 3199
- Website: Casa Santa
Rediscover Hinulugang Taktak
At one point, this majestic falls that have been frequented by local travelers became polluted but fast forward to 2018, it’s almost back to its glory as it has been undergoing continuous rehabilitation efforts by the local government and Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
The Hinulugang Taktak falls is, of course, your main highlight but the area has a swimming pool, a bridge, a meditation area and the Sapang Bato River.
- Location: Taktak Rd, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
- Operation hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Entrance Fee: Free
Also known as Nuestra Señora de la Annunciata Parish Church, this is a restored church from the remnant of a 16th to early 17th-century church built by Franciscan missionaries. It was completely restored in 1995 and dates back to the Spanish Era so be prepared to see lots of stone works and some vines on its façade.
- Location: Sitio Old Boso-Boso, Barangay San Jose Antipolo City, Rizal
Mount Purro Nature Reserve
This nature reserve is founded with love and concern for the environment. They have accommodations which range from pitching your own tent to the more luxurious kind. You’ll never go hungry because they offer meals when you stay with them. They also have activities like hiking, trekking to the falls and lagoon, campfire, etc.
Location: Purok 5, Barangay Calawis, Antipolo City
Operating hours: 9:00 am – 5:00pm (Weekdays)
Rate: Prices start from Php750/pax
Contact Nos. 542 3005/0908 881 2701/0949 398 1799
Website: Mount Purro Nature Reserve
Also known as National Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, this cathedral is one of the major pilgrimage churches in the Philippines. Many people go there especially during Holy Week but it’s also popular all-year round.
- Location: Dela Paz St, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
- Contact No. (02) 571 7347
Crossing Cloud 9’s Hanging Bridge
You will forget about those two hours because you get a 360 view of the city of Antipolo and beyond when you cross the hanging bridge and go to their viewing deck. A remarkable experience further awaits you when you try eating at their resto where they serve meals like Crispy Pata and Kare-Kare.
- Address: Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City
- Contact No. (02) 584 3014
- Operating hours: 7:00 am – 2:00 am (Daily)
- Website: Cloud 9
The 12-hectare farm has military-level obstacle courses is meant for corporate team building activities. They have biking dirt roads and cottages as well as many trails for every individual to enjoy. Most of all, the whole place is set on lush greenery so that’s definitely a plus for nature lovers.
- Location: Sitio Panlilingan, Pestano Farm Road, Antipolo.
- Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (daily)
- Contact No. (02) 738 1375
- FB Page: Phillip’s Sanctuary
Bar Hopping in Marcos Highway
Not every tour should be about being quiet because there are times when even if you’re relaxing you still need some noise and some music. You can have that when you go to the bars that are aplenty in Marcos Highway.
- These bars include X-Factor Bar and Padi’s Point
- Location: Marcos Highway
Greet the Sunrise at Café Lupe Bed and Breakfast
Before you experience the sunshine at Café Lupe, you must experience an overlooking experience the lights of Manila at night. They have a balcony, a ping pong table and an outdoor entertainment area for gatherings or lounging.
- Location: Lot 2C and 2B, Brgy. Mambugan, Sumulong Highway
- Operating hours: 7:00 am-12:00 am (Sundays to Thursdays), 7:00 am – 3:00 am (Fridays and Saturdays)
- Contact No. (02) 470 3201
- Website: cafelupe.bluetweeks.com
Go on an ATV Adventure
The ATV Adventure ride lets you in an exciting way to discover the Sierra Mountains. You just ride the ATV and pick your adventure of choice then you get to experience how thrilling and nerve-wracking at the same time this ride is.
- Location: Sapinit Road, Pintong Bocaue-Kasili Road Junction
- Rates: P2,500 to P8,000
- Operating hours: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Contact No. 0947 308 6374/ 0977 750 2671
- Facebook: @ATVadventuresRIZAL
Experience the Magic of Nelly’s Mystical Cave
This cave is owned by Inday Nelly in 1970. The cave is known for its religious appearance because some of the rock formations inside the cave resemble famous religious people that’s probably why it’s also famous with pilgrims. It’s also popular for people seeking for some healing.
- Location: 25 Masinag Marcos Highway, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
- Entrance Fee: Php40.00
- FB Page: Mystical Cave Antipolo
Pacem Eco Park
Pacem Eco Park isn’t really a big park but what sets it apart is that they have an impressive collection of framed butterflies, different insects, shells and animals like birds, rabbits, etc. The plant species of the park is also extensive and even if it’s just a small park, you can be at one with nature especially when you climb their treehouse.
- Location: Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City
- Operating hours: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm (Weekdays), 8:30 am – 12:00 nun (Saturdays)
- Entrance Fee: P85
- Top Eight Places You Must Visit In Antipolo
- 4 Places to Stay for a Quick Weekend Getaway in Antipolo (with Swimming Pool)
- List of Private Resorts, Pools, and Hotels in Antipolo City
- CALABARZON Travel Guide: Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon Top Attractions