Antipolo Bucket List: Tourist Attractions and Best Things to do and see in Antipolo City, Philippines
There’s something about Antipolo that charms many. For some, it’s the nearness of this mountain getaway place to Manila, while some love it for its pilgrimage spots.
Others are inclined to visit because apart from its proximity to Manila, many budget adventures can be had, and there are amazing natural sights to be seen.
The quietness of Antipolo and its friendly vibe are reasons enough to visit when you have time. In this Antipolo Travel Guide, we listed some of the recommended activities and best Antipolo tourist spots that you can explore to help you plan your Antipolo road trip:
Taking Photos at Pinto Art Museum
Many travelers and art lovers know that Pinto Art Museum holds many unique works of art; that’s why it’s also common knowledge for these people that the place is laden with corners where you can have an Instagram-worthy shot or two.
- Location: 1 Sierra Madre St., Grand Heights Rd, Antipolo, Rizal
- Operation hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (Tuesdays to Sundays)
- Rate: Php200/pax –whole day with picture taking
- Php180/Senior Citizen
- Contact No. (02) 697 1015
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Tripping in Antipolo City
People from Manila buy the most common delicacies when in Antipolo: their suman, mangga (mango), balimbing (star fruit), kasoy, coco jam, and kalamay. These are native sweets that you shouldn’t miss buying if you go there.
- Location: Siete Medya
Chill at Luljetta’s Hanging Gardens & Spa
If you wish to chill and be pampered, you need to check out Luljetta’s Hanging Garden and Spa, but the place’s beauty is not limited to their spa.
They have a spectacular view of the Sierra Madre Mountains, and in the vicinity is a lush garden that takes you back to another place where you can get calm. With an exceptional spa and good food, this establishment is now considered one of the most relaxing places to visit in Antipolo City.
This spa and restaurant is one of the most instagrammable places in Antipolo.
- Location: Sitio Loreland, Barangay San Roque Antipolo, Rizal 1870
- Operation hours: 24 hours (Daily)
- Rates: Prices start at Php3200/2 pax
- Contact Nos. 0917 867 6205/0925 766 7544/0917 173 2517/ (+632) 534 2517/ (+632) 633 3494
- Email Address: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Casa Santa Museum
What a fun-filled way to celebrate the holidays by going to Jardin de Miramar’s Casa Santa Museum. The Christmas-themed museum has more than 3,000 Christmas and Santa Clause items from many parts of the world. Going to Casa Santa is very special during the holiday season, but they’re also open regularly.
- Location: 276 San Jose Extension, Brgy. San Isidro, Antipolo, Rizal 1870
- Operation hours: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm (weekdays)
- Rate: From Php180
- Contact Info: (02) 584 3199
- Website: Casa Santa
Rediscover Hinulugang Taktak
At one point, these majestic falls that have been frequented by local travelers became polluted, but fast forward to 2018, it’s almost back to its glory as it has been undergoing continuous rehabilitation efforts by the local government and Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
Of course, theHinulugang Taktak falls is your main highlight, but the area has a swimming pool, a bridge, a meditation area, and the Sapang Bato River.
- Location: Taktak Rd, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
- Operation hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Entrance Fee: Free
Also known as Nuestra Señora de la Annunciata Parish Church, this is a restored church from the remnant of a 16th to early 17th-century church built by Franciscan missionaries. It was completely restored in 1995 and dates back to the Spanish Era, so be prepared to see many stone works and some vines on its façade.
- Location: Sitio Old Boso-Boso, Barangay San Jose Antipolo City, Rizal
Mount Purro Nature Reserve
This nature reserve is founded with love and concern for the environment. They have accommodations that range from pitching your own tent to the more luxurious kind.
You’ll never go hungry because they offer meals when you stay with them. They also have activities like hiking, trekking to the falls and lagoon, campfires, etc.
- Location: Purok 5, Barangay Calawis, Antipolo City
- Operating hours: 9:00 am – 5:00pm (Weekdays)
- Rate: Prices start from Php750/pax
- Contact Nos. 542 3005/0908 881 2701/0949 398 1799
- Website: Mount Purro Nature Reserve
Also known as the National Shrine of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, this cathedral is one of the Philippines’ major pilgrimage churches.
Being the most popular Antipolo tourist spot, many people go there, especially during Holy Week, but it’s also popular all year round.
- Location: Dela Paz St, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
- Contact No. (02) 571 7347
Crossing Cloud 9’s Hanging Bridge
You will forget about those two hours because you get a 360 view of Antipolo and beyond when you cross the hanging bridge and go to their viewing deck.
The view deck is a perfect place to watch the sunset with the metropolis as the backdrop.
The hanging bridge is also a fun place to visit with kids. Right below the view deck is an Art Gallery that everyone can visit.
A remarkable experience further awaits you when you try eating at their resto where they serve meals like Crispy Pata and Kare-Kare.
- Address: Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City
- Contact No. (02) 584 3014
- Operating hours: 7:00 am – 2:00 am (Daily)
- Website: Cloud 9
The 12-hectare farm has military-level obstacle courses that are meant for corporate team-building activities. They have biking dirt roads and cottages as well as many trails for every individual to enjoy. Most of all, the whole place is set on lush greenery, so that’s definitely a plus for nature lovers.
- Location: Sitio Panlilingan, Pestano Farm Road, Antipolo.
- Operating Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (daily)
- Contact No. (02) 738 1375
- FB Page: Phillip’s Sanctuary
Bar Hopping in Marcos Highway
Not every tour should be quiet because there are times when even if you’re relaxing, you still need some noise and some music. You can have that when you go to the bars that are aplenty on Marcos Highway. This is also the area where you can find the best Antipolo overlooking spots.
- These bars include X-Factor Bar and Padi’s Point.
- Location: Marcos Highway
Greet the Sunrise at Café Lupe Bed and Breakfast
Before you experience the sunshine at Café Lupe, you must experience an overlooking Manila’s lights at night.
They have a balcony that provides a nice overlooking view of the Metro Manila skyline. For other activities, they have a ping pong table and an outdoor entertainment area for gatherings or lounging.
This is definitely one of the best restaurants in Antipolo with overlooking views of nature and the city.
- Location: Lot 2C and 2B, Brgy. Mambugan, Sumulong Highway
- Operating hours: 7:00 am-12:00 am (Sundays to Thursdays), 7:00 am – 3:00 am (Fridays and Saturdays)
- Contact No. (02) 470 3201
- Website: cafelupe.bluetweeks.com
Go on an ATV Adventure
The ATV Adventure ride excitingly lets you discover the Sierra Mountains. You just ride the ATV and pick your adventure of choice, then you get to experience how thrilling and nerve-wracking at the same time this ride is.
Location: Sapinit Road, Pintong Bocaue-Kasili Road Junction
- Rates: P2,500 to P8,000
- Operating hours: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Contact No. 0947 308 6374/ 0977 750 2671
- Facebook: @ATVadventuresRIZAL
Experience the Magic of Nelly’s Mystical Cave
This cave was owned by Inday Nelly in 1970. The cave is known for its religious appearance because some rock formations inside the cave resemble famous religious people; that’s probably why it’s also famous with pilgrims. It’s also popular for people seeking some miraculous healing.
- Location: 25 Masinag Marcos Highway, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
- Entrance Fee: Php40.00
- FB Page: Mystical Cave Antipolo
Pacem Eco Park
Pacem Eco Park isn’t really a big park, but what sets it apart is that they have an impressive collection of framed butterflies, different insects, shells, and animals like birds, rabbits, etc. The park’s plant species is also extensive, and even if it’s just a small park, you can be at one with nature, especially when you climb their treehouse.
- Location: Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City
- Operating hours: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm (Weekdays), 8:30 am – 12:00 nun (Saturdays)
- Entrance Fee: P85
Now that LRT-2 Antipolo station is already operational, travel time from Recto, Manila to Antipolo, Rizal will only take 40 minutes compared to a three-hour bus or jeepney ride.
Want more updates about adventure activities, fun & unique tourist attractions, and new places to go in Antipolo City? Follow #TeamOutofTown, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for more travel ideas.
Help us improve this Antipolo Tourist Spot Guide by recommending other interesting places to explore in Antipolo.