What to buy for the tech-savvy homeowner in your life
It is almost Christmas: nearly all presents have been bought, except for one. Not being tech-savvy yourself, but trying to find a gift for someone who is, can be very challenging.
For those wanting to put something truly innovative under the Christmas tree, global property portal Lamudi has compiled a list of the top 8 tech gifts for the home.
- The AwoX StriimLIGHT 8W E26 LED Light Bulb with Integrated Bluetooth Speaker combines LED lights with bluetooth music streaming. This is a cool feature to add to any room. The built-in bluetooth connectivity can communicate with any bluetooth-enabled device like laptops, tablets, or smartphones. No wires are needed as the light bulb can be easily placed into any lamp.
2. Everyone knows this problem: you are in a hurry but can’t find your keys. You already tried gadgets like key finders but you always lose these too. One thing you never lose track of is your smartphone. The best way to overcome this problem? CalypsoKey, an inconspicuous iPhone case, turns your phone into a contactless key. The built-in dual-band RFID antenna in your iPhone case identifies you and gives permission for the door to be opened.
KRUPS GX4100 Electric Spice & Coffee Grinder
3. People have varying rituals in the morning; however, the majority like to start their day with a freshly brewed coffee. The sensation of a freshly ground coffee can improve the taste even more. The KRUPS GX4100 Electric Spice Herbs and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades and Housing, Grey grinds coffee beans, is easy to clean, and has a neutral but also quality appearance. A nice gift for the caffeine addicts among us.
Parrot AR Drone via Wikimedia Commons
4. Most men are little boys at heart: they love any tech gimmick that can be controlled by a remote control. It has already been reported that little hovering drones are going to be this year’s must-have present for men of a certain age. The easy-to-handle drones vary in size and price and can also have add-ons such as high-definition cameras to shoot crystal clear photos or videos from a bird’s eye view.
Belkin WeMo Smart Slow Cooker
5. Belkin WeMo Smart Slow Cooker enables the user to easily schedule his or her cooking. A nice solution for those who want to have a fresh cooked meal when they come home from a long day at work. In addition, a free app can be downloaded that enables you to control the cooker by using your smartphone as a remote control–whether you are at home or not.
Roku 3 with Headphones
6. For those who like to curl up on the couch and watch movies all night, the Roku 3 might be the perfect present. It is a video streaming device which can easily be plugged into the HDMI port of any TV, streaming Netflix, BBC iPlayer, movies, sports, and many more. You can either connect wired or wireless, either way a good alternative to Apple TV.
7. If you know someone who is committed to being healthier and more active for their New Year’s resolution, the Jawbone fitness tracker is just the perfect support for them. It is a well-designed and easy-to-handle wristband fitness tracker which counts steps, sleep and calories. A good present to those who want to break their unhealthy habits in 2015.
Bose QC25 headphones
8. Especially for those in younger age, music has become a permanent companion. Therefore, good headphones, cushioning the surrounding sounds, are just the right present. However, to be caught in the wire of your headphones can be very frustrating and time consuming, a problem never to be found with these wireless headphones, connecting with your device via bluetooth.