Traveling from Hong Kong to Macau by Ferry
The metropolises of Macau and Hong Kong are two Chinese special administrative regions along the coast of China. Macau is also known as the ‘Las Vegas of Asia’ due to a series of casinos and glamorous malls on the strip of Cotai, which serves as the junction between the Islands of Taipa and Coloane. The two cities are on opposite sides of the Pearl River Delta. The two cities can be visited via helicopters, ferries, or by driving the longest sea bridge in the world that joins these two cities. Taking a ferry ride from Hong Kong to Macau is very relaxing and does not take much of your money or time.
How Long is a Ferry Ride from Hong Kong to Macau?
When there was no bridge present to connect the two cities, taking a ferry ride was the best option to travel. The ferry from Hong Kong to Macau takes about 1 hour. Turbo Jet and Cotai Water Jet are two of the many services that provide ferry rides from Hong Kong to Macau several times during a day. All the ferries depart from the Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal. The basic traveling cost starts from 171 dollars and goes way up according to the traveling class and services.
Ferry Terminals in Hong Kong
There are 4 ferry terminals for traveling from Hong Kong to Macau; each one of these terminals provides the most hassle-free transport to people.
Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal
This is the most chosen terminal for traveling due to its frequent ferry departures. The Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal is located close to the IFC Towers, Shun Tak Centre, Hong Kong Island. There is a ferry available at this terminal every 15 minutes.
China Ferry Terminal
Favored for its good location, the China Ferry Terminal is located in Tsim Sha Tsui. It is located a kilometer away from the Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry and can be reached by walk or by taking a cab to 33 Canton Road.
Sky Pier at the Hong Kong International Airport
Traveling from Hong Kong to Macau has become easy for international tourists as well. The Sky Pier Terminal located next to the airport allows the visitors to board the ferry directly after they arrive at the Hong Kong International Airport.
Tuen Mun Ferry Terminal
Tuen Mun Ferry Terminal is not for those people who are living in the central part of the city and people living near the New Territories can take advantage of this terminal. However, the departure schedule of the ferries must be considered since only 10 ferries depart from this terminal in a day.
Ferry Tickets to Macau
TurboJet Ferry Tickets (Macau Outer Harbor or HK Airport Departure)
- Get onboard the quickest ferry service to Macau from Hong Kong International Airport and enjoy a smooth journey with comfortable and spacious cushioned seating.
- Easily redeem your voucher at the TurboJet ticketing counter at either HKIA T1 or at the Macau Ferry Terminal.
TurboJet Ferry Open Ticket (HK Island/Macau Outer Harbor Departure) – Hong Kong Pick Up
- Enjoy the quickest ferry service between Macau and Hong Kong and get instant confirmation after booking.
- Travel at a time that suits you with departures every 20 minutes
- Recline in comfortable and spacious cushioned seating
- Enjoy the flexibility of a ticket that can be used at any time on your chosen day
Star Ferry Harbour Tour
- Choose from different ferry routes and travel times to see the harbor’s beauty at any time of day!
- Sail along Tsim Sha Tsui, Central, and Wan Chai, view all famous harbour side attractions at one time!
Ferry Terminals in Macau
Macau has two terminals that host the arrival of ferries from Hong Kong. Both of these terminals are best for arrivals as they have bus and taxi services ready to take you wherever you want at reasonable prices.
Macau Maritime Ferry Terminal
The Macau Maritime Ferry Terminal also referred to as the Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal is the main terminal in the North of Macau closer to downtown Macau. The terminal is in the vicinity of San Ma Lo architectural sites and about 23 casinos. Bus services are available for 2.5 HKD from San Ma Lo to the ferry terminal.
Taipa Terminal is situated in the South of Macau near the strip of Cotai. This terminal is close to some of the largest casinos like the City of Dreams and Venetian. It is also very close to Macau International Airport. To reach this terminal you need to get on the Cotai Jet from any of the terminals in Hong Kong.
Ferry Tickets to Hong Kong
Cotai Water Jet Tickets for Hong Kong and Macau OBS
- Easily bridge the distance between Hong Kong and Macau via a high-speed ferry service by Cotai Water Jet.
- Choose between fixed time tickets to enjoy guaranteed seats or open time tickets for flexible travels.
- Get instant confirmation on fixed time (one-way) or open time tickets to save time on ticket redemption and border checks!
How much is the fare from Hong Kong to Macau by ferry?
|via Turbojet||HK (Sheung Wan) <-> Macau|
|$ 335||$ 160|
(Weekends & Holidays)
|$ 360||$ 175|
(Weekdays, Weekends & Holidays)
|$ 380||$ 200|
- The above fares are quoted in HK dollar and include Hong Kong departure tax.
Hong Kong Travel and Tour Packages
To help you plan out your visit to Hong Kong, we listed places to visit and other amazing activities to do in Hong Kong. We also listed some of the best Hong Kong travel and tour packages, as well as excellent flight deals and accommodation.
Searching for the best Hong Kong hotels, resorts, and affordable flights in the nearby Cities? Check out our list of affordable hotels and resorts via Agoda, or you may also see available Airbnb properties in the city.
Want more updates about new tourist attractions in Hong Kong? Follow #TeamOutofTown, on Facebook, and Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for more travel ideas.
- 10 Ways To Enjoy Hong Kong On A Budget
- 5 Hours In Macau
- Top 5 International Airports Getting The Travel Experience Right
- Best Hong Kong Luxury Hotels
- 15 Favorite Things To Do In Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Food Guide: Where To Grab The Best Michelin Rated Grubs